Monday, August 16, 2010

Product Review - Scor-Buddy!



I am so excited to announce that Our Daily Bread designs has added the new Scor-Buddy (mini Scor-Pal Scoring Tablet) to their store!!! The Scor-Buddy is perfect for card-makers...it's scoring surface is only 7" x 7", where the original Scor-Pal has a scoring surface of 12" x 12". One thing I love about the Scor-Buddy (besides the fact that it is so cute!) is that it has grooves every 1/4 inch across the board, plus 1/8" grooves for the 1st and last inch of the board! Plus, the right and bottom sides are both "open", which allows a longer piece of paper to lay flat while scoring. The top and left sides are "fenced", which creates a nice square corner for your paper to fit....no more crooked scoring lines!!

Here is a close-up of the measured notches across the top of the
Scor-Buddy. The scoring tool fits into the notches and it follows the scoring lines easily.


Here are just a few tips for using your new Scor-Buddy:
*Always use on a flat surface to ensure that the results are consistent and exactly as expected.
*Always practice first to see how much pressure is needed....consistent pressure is important so that all of your scored lines have the same dimension.
*Always hold your paper in place with one hand, while scoring with the other, holding the scoring tool at a 45 degree angle. **Please note: if using double sided designer paper or a low weight cardstock, lower the angle to 30 degrees to ensure that you only score instead of cut. The tip of the scoring tool is a sharper angle.....by lowering while scoring, the edge of the scoring tool will not be as sharp.

For my first attempt with the
Scor-Buddy, I knew I wanted to try the "Faux Tile Technique" along with the Sunflower image from "Happy Fall". I cut the image panel to be 4"x6", then placed it on the Scor-Buddy.....I'm ready to start scoring!


From side to side, I scored at 2" and 4"; the other direction was scored at 1" and 3".



Now that my scoring is done, I'm ready to stamp!


After scoring, I stamped all of the sunflowers (using a Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect spacing).


After coloring and sponging, the image panel and sentiment tag were embossed with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder to complete the "Faux Tile" look. I also scored a mat on the yellow layer and card layer. To achieve the raised line, I scored the back of each layer. The easiest way to score without going all the way to the edge is to start very lightly at first until you can see where all four sides meet up....once you have the completed mat, score again a little harder for a finished, more defined look.


For diagonal lines, it is suggested to line up your opposite corners on the same score line....choose your spacing and "get to work". To criss-cross your score lines, simply line up the other corners on a score line and repeat the same spacing. This panel was scored every half inch across, both directions.


Here is the diagonal panel after scoring. Now I'm ready to build my card around this piece!!


Here is the finished card. The border of the scored panel was punched with an EK Success Dotted Scallop border punch, then sponged, then embellished with paper roses and gemstones from Zva Creative. The sentiment is from the ODBD set, "Love", the ribbon by May Arts, and the bow was tied using the Bow Easy. In order to photograph the scoring, the camera didn't capture the many layers of "Dazzling Diamonds" Glimmer Mist which looks beautiful with the gemstones and Prism Metallic cardstock.



Thank you for joining me as I experienced a Scor-Pal scoring tool for the very first time! It is so easy to use and I love having multiple sizing options for whatever scoring need may come up. And how about some icing for the cake? The Scor-Buddy comes with it's own faux suede storage tote.....perfect for the crafter on the go!! I can't wait to show it off at the next crop!!!

Okay, here are some sprinkles for the icing on the cake......the
Scor-Buddy is this week's Super Special Sale item at Our Daily Bread designs......15% off of the regular price, until Saturday, August 14th at midnight EST!

What are you waiting for? Head to the
ODBD store now.....pick up a Scor-Buddy for yourself and maybe a couple for gifts as well!!

Happy Scoring and many blessings to you!






8 comments:

Cook22 said...

What fantastic cards - the sunflower tiles with their gloss look fit for the kitchen! And in fact the other card reminds me more than a little of a beautifully iced celebration cake :D.

Margaret said...

Lovely cards, the second card is very elegant :o)

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Lovely cards. I have this and why didn't I think of those card ideas? Very nice! Jane

marcelle schauer said...

Angella, again breathtaking. Love how yo have used the score-pal and the glitz. YOU are doing a marvelous job!

Diana said...

I just got my Scor-Pal, and I really do love it. So handy and compact. I love the cards, especially the White one, so elegant and dainty. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.

Diana C
http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

Rosemary said...

wow, really gorgeous cards! going to have to try that faux tile technique...

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful cards, especially like the elegant look of the white card!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for showing me how to use the score-buddy,I had put it aside