Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Time with Becca!

I am filling in for Grace today. You may have read on her BLOG that her dear father-in-law passed away on Saturday. Please pray for Grace and her family.

Today we visit with Becca, who as always has a feast for our eyes!
Blessings, Kelley


 

I have a Starbucks Card to give as a gift for a dear friend of mine and while I was getting it, my gaze wandered over the cardboard cozy holders that you get at both Starbucks and I found out later, Panera Bread. At first I was going to decorate one of the cozy holders and put the gift card inside but then it grew into a book :-) For the decoration I settled on the wonderful Scripture Sets (Set 1, Set 2, Set 3, Set 4 and Series 1) from Our Daily Bread Designs. Below you can see the brown from my gift card peeking out from the first page.


I started out by punching holes in the cozies. Then I decided I wanted a panel that was three inches wide. Each panel wraps down the front side with the fold at the bottom and up the backside with the open ends tucked in a glued at the top. What this does is make a pocket so that I can put something extra inside each page.


I decorated each page back and front with coordinating paper and border punches and stamped Scripture using Scriptures Sets 1,2,3,4 and Scriptures Series 1 onto panels cut with my Slice.





I tucked one more scripture in the pocket of each page. I put a tab on each tucked in page so that it can easily be removed.

..
To finish up, I took one of the cozies for a cover. I hid the Panera logo and added a ribbon just to make it a little bit dressy! It was not a complicated project at all and once done I was a littlle bit proud of the recycling I did. I hope my friend likes it.


Project Recipe:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs – Scripture Sets 1, 2, 3, 4 and Scripture Series 1
Paper: K&Company, Bazzill
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossing powder
Accessories: Slice, Tab Punch, Coffee Cup Cozies, Martha Stewart Border Punches, Binder Rings, Ribbon, Pearls





3 comments:

Wendy said...

What a super idea!!! I love it!!! Thanks for such a cute idea!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

What a fantastic project, Becca!! You always come up with the most creative ideas! Thanks for the inspiration! Blessings, Angie

Janaria said...

It's just beautiful, Kelly and such a great idea. It also looks adorable in the darling little chair, next to the porcelain bird with the lovely vintage wallpaper in the background. It so honors the Lord and I'm sure will be a blessing to whomever receives it!