Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Time with Julie

I hope y'all had a wonderful summer and if you're like me, you're looking forward to fall and (hopefully) some cooler temperatures. Has it been extra hot this summer, or what?? With that in mind, I created this Fall Wreath card. To me, fall colors and images are so vibrant and beautiful. These sunflowers just said 'make a wreath' to me, so I did. I used both the Happy Fall and the Harvest Blessings sets. What really made this card so much easier, are the exclusive, matching dies for both of these sunflower images! I stamped a bunch of the single sunflower and a couple of the sunflower bunch, then die cut them quick as you please! I added some cut out wheat from the Our Daily Bread set and I used the Ironworks Borders to add a little detail on the white layer behind the wreath. The sentiment was die cut using Spellbinder's Fancy Tags. A few more layers were added then it was all attached to a 5 1/2" square white card. The designer paper is Basic Grey, Green at Heart. Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please stop by my blog for all the how to and supply lists.



5 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

What a fabulous idea to make a wreath! This is so creative and gorgeous, Julie!!! I love the paper you chose too! Blessings, Angie

Amy said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous. I'm going to have to have this set!

Dawn said...

Awesome Julie!!! beautifully clever!

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful work Julie.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning and creative use of the sunflowers Julie!! Gorgeous!!