Monday, October 25, 2010

Product Review - New Flower Soft Metallics!

Hello everyone!! For this week's Product Review, we are showing off the newly released Silver and Gold Flower Soft colors! Last year's holiday favorite was Flower Soft Polar White, which looks like ice or snow, but this year, Flower Soft has gone glam!! Just like the other Flower Soft products, it's perfect to embellish stamped images, create textured borders or backgrounds, decorate your flowers or snowflakes, and much more! Pure fun for cardmakers and scrapbookers alike!


The new metallic Flower Soft is not as soft or fibrous as the original Flower Soft. It reminds me of chunky glitter in appearance, however, it is still soft to the touch and easy to cut with scissors in case you prefer smaller particles for your project.

Here is a close up view of each of the three mentioned above: Silver, Gold, and Polar White:



These new metallics are applied the very same way as the original Flower Soft or the Ultrafine Flower Soft.....with Flower Soft Glue. I am asked the question a lot at stamp shows, "Do you have to use Flower Soft Glue?" I have to confess that I tried to "cheap out" and used some glue I had at home for my first try with Flower Soft.....it did not work as well as the Flower Soft Glue, which is a very thick and tacky glue...once the glue dries, your Flower Soft will not come out!


For my sample, I have used the Gold Flower Soft, both inside the Flower Soft Display Globe and around the outside of the globe as a frame. To cover the continuous area with Flower Soft, I applied a generous line of glue half way around, then applied the Flower Soft. Since the glue dries fairly quickly, I wanted to make sure an get a good bond right away. Then I continued and did the same on the second half. Since I work fairly slowly, I usually will work small areas at a time whenever using Flower Soft as an embellishment.


For this sample, I have used the Blessed Christmas stamp set. Our Daily Bread designs now offers a Poinsettia custom cutting die which cuts out the poinsettia image perfectly.....in less than a minute, whereas to cut it by hand could take....a long time....believe me, I know!! The poinsettia and sentiment were heat embossed with Ranger Gold Embossing Powder, since I had a gold theme going on! The designer paper is from the SEI Christmas Mint collection, the pearls are by Zva Creative, and the pink May Arts Satin Ribbon was tied with a Bow Easy. There are several layers of Pearl Glimmer Mist, however, in order to get a good angle to photograph the display globe, the beautiful shimmer does not show!


If you are new to Flower Soft or need a refresher, please visit our previous Flower Soft Product Review....Lorelie shows how easy it is to use!!

For a previous Product Review on the Flower Soft Display Globes, please check out the article HERE. Here is one on Flower Soft Ultra Fine right HERE and also HERE!! What can I say..we just love our Flower Soft at ODBD!!


So, are you ready for some heavy metal now? Head over to Our Daily Bread designs and stock up on some Flower Soft and accessories for those holiday cards and projects....or give some Flower Soft as a gift!! All Flower Soft items are the Super Special Sale item this week, 10% off until Saturday, October 30, midnight EST. (Sale price will be reflected in your cart.) One more thing....don't forget the Flower Soft Glue!

Have fun playing with your new Flower Soft! God Bless!!!



4 comments:

Dawn said...

I love your flower soft! picked some up last week at the convention. I have to say the others I have tried were no where near as fine as yours is. Just love the fine feel and look. Yes the glue is great also

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Angie!! This is just gorgeous!! The flower soft you added is so elegant and exquisite. Awesome post gf!!

Grace said...

Oh Angie this gold fs is beyond gorgeous! Great post and can't wait to try it!!! Thanks for all you do!!!

paperpearl said...

This was a great Hop, my first! Thanks for all the hard work everyone did, and my prayers are with Becca...