Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Time With Julie

Hello everyone! Time seems to be flying by, doesn't it? As you know, Tuesday is the day we spend a little time with one of our talented design team members, and today we're spending time with Julie Warner! You will love the beautiful card she is sharing with you today! Enjoy!


Don't you love these new ODBD images? They're all so wonderful, it's hard to decide which one to use first. For my wintery blue card, I used the large snowflake, the snowflake background and a greeting from the Holly tag set.

I used a brayer and a Kaleidacolor blue breeze rainbow ink pad on a piece of white card stock. I used a technique from one of last week's challenges where I spritzed the large snowflake background with water and stamped it onto the brayered background. It's faint, but it's a little depth to the background. For a little extra something, I stamped the large snowflake with Brilliance starlite silver ink. On part of this background, I die cut the tag shape using the new tag die but only cut the first half of the tag. I turned the tag around, matched it up and cut the other half to get the scallop edge on both ends of my tag. I traced around the die and hand cut the white layer.

For the greeting, I stamped then die cut it with a Spellbinders Fancy tag. With the die still in place. I sponged a little ink inside the edges. A stamped and die cut snowflake using the snowflake die. The finished card measures 5.5 x 4.25.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Thanks so much Julie! Oh I just love this! The beautiful blues and that technique for the spritzed water on the backgrounder... what a great look! Did you catch that when she said she only cut the tag part way and then turned it around to get the scallop on the other end too? THAT is clever and what a great look! I hope you'll take a minute to leave Julie some love for sharing this gorgeous card with you and then enjoy more on her blog!

Have a blessed week!





DT Coordinator

11 comments:

Karen W said...

This is just gorgeous!! What a neat idea to turn the tag around. Wonderful!!

Dawn said...

What beautiful colors on this wonderful card.

Sandee said...

So beautiful Julie!!!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous, Julie! Cool spritzing technique and sooo clever to use the tag die like this!!!! Bravo!!

Beth Norman said...

So beautiful, Julie. The blues are terrific. Love that snowflake. It really sets off the words.

Dawn said...

gorgeous Julis! wow

Dawn said...

um...that would be JULIE! lol

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Julie, oh my goodness, you are officially the Queen of amazing techniques!!! WOW, such a beautiful card....LOVE it! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Gloria Westerman said...

So Beautifu!!!!!Love those colors....awesome!!!!!!tfs

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning Julie!! So festive and bright!! Love the background you created!!
hugs,
Chris

Karen Linarez said...

I love it! My favorite colors, just beautiful, and the technique I will have to try, that looks great! Love the way you made the tag die cut, very creative. Beautiful snowflake!