Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Time With Kathy

Hello everyone! It's Tuesday, and today we are spending time with our talented and lovely Kathy! Kathy is sharing a sneak peek at one of the wonderful new sets being released Dec 1! I know you're going to love it! Here's Kathy!

Hello Everyone and thanks for spending a little time with me today! At this time of year our hearts turn to Christmas - that precious time of year when we remember the blessing of the birth of our Saviour! Songs of joy are sung, laughter and parties abound and we wish for peace on Earth. I pray that for each of you, that peace will last for not only this Christmas but will continue on through the entire year!

For my card today I have chosen to use the new Christmas Blessings set which will be available TOMORROW!! :) I started with a base of white and layered with red and then more white that has been embossed with Swiss Dots EF. Through the middle I've added some red taffeta ribbon. For the frame, I've cut two panels using the Label 8 Nestabilites and then used the Small Oval Nestabilities to cut a hole in the red panel and the Large Oval Nestabilities to cut a hole in the white panel. I then added a little texture and embossed the white frame with Swiss Dots as well. I then stamped the sentiment from Christmas Blessings in Memento Tuxedo Black onto white card and used foam tape to pop the Label 8 frame on top of it to give a window effect. The Poinsettia is from the Blessed Christmas set and has been stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copic Markers (R35, R37, R39, G24, G28) and then die cut using the custom Poinsettia Die - got to love that, NO fussy cutting!!! :) For a little sparkle I added some Gold Flower Soft to the centre of the poinsettia! To finish I added some ribbon tails from under the Poinsettia and a red pearl to each corner!

Stamps - Christmas Blessings, Blessed Christmas
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, White, Red
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Poinsettia Die, Label 8, Large and Small Oval Nestabilities, Gold Flower Soft, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Copics, Foam Tape, Red Pearls.
Wherever you are this Christmas, either celebrating with a white Christmas, or like me trying to keep cool in the Summer heat; I pray that you all have a blessed and happy Christmas and remember the reason for the season - Christ is Born, Hallelujah!!!!

Hugs
Kathy

6 comments:

Auntie Em said...

I was just over on Kathy's blog leaving some lovin' on this card. It is sooo pretty!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Angella D. Crockett said...

This card is pure Kathy style....elegant, gorgeous, breath-taking, and as always, with the most perfect details! I'm so sad that you will be leaving after this month! :(

CraftinGranny said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to get the new set. Fantastic work Kathy! "Hugs" Carol

Dawn said...

Oh Kathy...so gorgeous and classy!
I'm sad too that you're leaving, sniff

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a gorgeous card Kathy!! I just love the vibrant colors and your coloring paired with your gorgeous long and narrow design!! So breathtaking and elegant my friend!!

I am so sad to see you go from the team at the end of the month but will definitely keep in touch my dear friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Sarah said...

This is a gorgeous sample! Kathy, your creations are incredible, and I am going to miss seeing your DT samples!