Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Time With Patter!

Hello ODBD friends!!!
Today we have another special guest to spend time with! I'm sure you all know Patter Cross, one of our Challenge Design Team members... she is an inspiration through her art and through her heart for the Lord! If you are not familiar with her blog you should start visiting her regularly! She has weekly posts that will inspire you creatively, spiritually and even help you get your space organized! We are privileged today to view a very special project she has been working on, and it's the perfect time of year to be starting one of these too! So here is Patter!

Hi friends!

One thing I love about Our Daily Bread Designs stamps is that there are images for every single month of the year! Since that's the case, I thought I would make a 2011 calendar for fun.

To make my calendar, first I cut twelve 4 ¼” x 3 ½” pieces of white cardstock. These pieces will mat each month. I then printed out a 2011 calendar on the same white cardstock. Calendars can be found all over the web. :) I trimmed each month to 1 7/8” square. Then I had to decide on papers to use. I decided to use Webster's Pages papers because I had papers for each season, and they also had designs that worked well with each month. Then the fun began! I decorated each month using various papers, embellishments, and stamps. I created a mat for each month using the same Spellbinders lacey squares die. Here is how January through June turned out:And here you can see July through December:
I used a 3x3 Vertical Frame that I got from How Do You Glue. And here are some close-up images. (Note: You can see the entire frame in the October photo below.) The stamp sets I used for each month were:

January: ODBD Peace & Joy and Bless this Home
February: ODBD Love One Another
March: ODBD Brocade Borders
April: ODBD The Lord Has Risen and the Cross of Christ
May: ODBD Happy Mother’s Day and Happy Birthday
June: ODBD Happy Father’s Day and Fisher’s of Men
July: ODBD Fleur de Lis Borders
August: ODBD Happy Birthday
September: ODBD Harvest Blessings
October: ODBD Randi's Song and Bless this Home
November: ODBD Randi's Song and The Living Bread
December: ODBD Blessed Christmas

I hope you will give this calendar a try. It was a lot of fun, and it was wonderful to use so many of my ODBD stamp sets for one project! Thanks for allowing me to share, and have a blessed and joyous Thanksgiving!
Photobucket

Thank you so much Patter! This is a real "WOW" project! I love how you have incorporated so many different images on these calendar pages as well as these great verses! With ODBD stamps and some great designer paper ... this gorgeous gift came to life! Wouldn't you LOVE to receive one of these for Christmas? I know I would!!! Please leave Patter some love here and then skip on over to HER BLOG to see more detail on this and other projects!!!

As we in the US celebrate Thanksgiving this week, I hope you all will have a wonderful holiday, filled with much time to thank God for all His bountiful blessings He has bestowed upon us all!!! Whether you are officially celebrating Thanksgiving or not... take time to count your blessings this week!

Please come back on Dec 1 for the new release blog hop... and don't forget that Kelley will be running a special this week! Free Shipping for Thanksgiving weekend (Thursday-Sunday) as a thank you to her customers, (US only). She will also have blog candy of a free Bread Basket Bundle that will chosen from the comment area of Thursday's blog post.







DT Coordinator

12 comments:

Dawn said...

what a beautiful project Patter!!!

Sandee said...

WOW OH WOW!!!!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh my goodness......I am totally blown away!!! Fantastic, fantastic project, Patter!!! I love it! You rock, GF!!!! Blessings, Angie

Dani said...

Ooooh! What a wonderful and lovely idea. Everything looks so perfect together. This would make such a lovely gift to someone special!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Absolutely breathtaking!!! You have gone above and beyond on this project!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Pati said...

Very pretty calender!

Suzi said...

Obviously a labor of love. Stunning!

Mickie said...

Great project Patter.

Robyn said...

Thanks for sharing Patter

Cindy Lou said...

Beautiful calendar Patter! I think I want to try something of this sort in a more mini version to carry around in a purse. Thanks for the inspiration!

Annette said...

This is magnificent. What a talent

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous work Patter! Love this design!