Thursday, December 2, 2010

Our Daily Bread Designs Stamping In Time: On Assignment Challenge (SNTODBD23) and Christmas Blog Candy!


For Josh' Birthday Blop Hop click HERE.
For the December Blop Hop click HERE





Welcome to Our Daily Bread Designs Stamping In Time: On Assignment Challenge (SNTODBD23)! First of all, I would like to thank Lori Ulrich for hosting the last SNT Challenge!  Thanks so much, Lori!  Now it is time for another assignment/challenge.   The assignment is Our Daily Bread Design stamps.  It is time to start mailing all those wonderful Christmas cards we have made so far this year.  However, I am sure that many of us still need to whip up a few more.  I am challenging everyone to make Christmas cards!  You can create one or several.  You can enter as many times as you like.  You can mass produce a style or create a very detailed stand alone card.  The choice is yours!  If you have any Christmas card creating or mailing tips, please share with us in your blog post.  Anything to make the process easier is a good thing!  While ODBD stamps are required, others are allowed.   We looking forward to seeing what you create using Our Daily Bread Design stamps!


In addition to the challenge, since it is the most wonderful time of the year, we would like to give everyone a chance to win a very special ODBD stamp set. It is called Blessed Christmas!  Remember, anyone can win!



This is what you have to do for a chance win this wonderful set.                   
  • Leave a comment on each designer's blog who has a sample in this post(links provided).
  • Return here and leave a comment sharing one of your favorite Christmas Traditions.
  • That is all there is to it.  You do need to hurry, though.  The option for winning this set closes Sunday, Dec. 5th.  at 6pm EST.  I will edit within this post the name of the winner shortly afterwards.  You will need to check back and see if it is you so I can get your addy and get this set out to you asap Monday morning!
Here goes!  The WINNER of the special Blessed Christmas set.  Chosen by Random.org  Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:11 Time: 2010-12-06 01:56:31 UTC
Becky Durham!  Contact me gbedwrightatembarqmaildotcom to give me your address and I can get this in the mail tomorrow!  Thanks so much  to everyone for playing and for your wonderful comments!


Now, on to more samples by the ODBD designers!



















This week's Stamping In Time Winner! Thanks so much for everyone who played along. You all created amazing things with the think quilt challenge.  It was so hard to choose.  This week's SNT Winner is Heidi.   Congratulations, Heidi!  Heidi combined different Christmas designer papers and created a unique layout and quilt styling look.  She even did some hand stitching. Check out her card and and give some lovin' and congrats! Heidi, please email Kelley at kelley@ourdailybreaddesigns.com to claim your $15 stamp gift certificate. You can grab the winner button at the left to sport on you blog if you like! Again, congratulations! Thanks so much for playing Stamping In Time!


Thanks so much to everyone who played along! Never know, the next Stamping In Time WINNER could be you!


Now, it is your turn to play! Here are the guidelines!


  • You must use ODBD Stamps! Other stamps allowed, but ODBD images need to be the focus!
  • Use keyword codes SNTODBD23 and ODBD when linking to SCS or public gallery.
  • Be sure to use the LINK to be eligible for the gift certificate drawing!
  • If you use either your blog link or online gallery, please give a link back to this challenge page.


The challenge runs from Thursday 9 am EST (December 2nd) til Wednesday (December 15th) at 6 pm EST. You have two weeks to enter.  You can enter as many times as you like! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Looking forward to seeing what you create! As always, thanks so much for Stamping In Time!



18 comments:

Lin said...

I have had my eye on this beautiful set, and would love a chance to win it! LOVE the sentiments and the font you chose for them! I have visited all the blogs, but Betty's card doesn't show on hers.....I'll go back and leave a comment on her topmost entry.
I think my favorite tradition is decorating the house for Christmas.....we put electric candles in all the windows, and outside underneath is a pine swag with a big red bow.....I love how welcoming this makes the house look. Then inside I have a collection of snowmen, some store bought and some handmade which I put in the dining room, along with a collection of pine trees. And after 40 years of marriage, we have so many ornaments for the tree, and I so enjoy getting them out, reliving the memories they bring. Many are handmade - paper crafted, cross-stitched, or quilted, but many others are from Germany; we have several that are all wax, and amazingly, they have endured all these years!

Juli Smith, SU! Demo said...

Ooo - so lovely a set! THANKS for the opportunity to win it! One of my (many!) favorite traditions is the book we do with our children called "30 Days with Mary and Joseph by Jo Glen. It is a vinyl 'sticker' book - with a Scripture, meditation and prayer for the first thirty days of December. It's totally kid friendly, but my husband and I are always touched by the messages too! It helps us keep perspective, and teach our kids to do the same, on the true "reason for the season". (We have a beautiful statue of Santa kneeling at the manger of Baby Jesus too!) Happy Advent to all!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Thanks for another great challenge, Betty! Can't wait to play along later! Gorgeous samples, girls!! Blessings, Angie

Jenny V. said...

The DT did such a amazing job. I just love the sentiments. My favorite tradition is decorating the Christmas tree and adding some homemade Christmas ornaments that my family makes especially from the kids. Also love baking some yummy Christmas cookies.

dmbennett said...

This is another wonderful set. Thanks for the chance to win it. One of my favorite traditions is decorating the tree with ornaments that we have collected over the past 19 yrs. Each one has a special memory attached to it...

Marlena M. said...

This is a beautiful set. Thank you for the opportunity to win it! My favorite Christmas tradition, is one in which we each write a note about our best memories of that year. We tuck those notes (which I print pics on) in a stocking and no one peeks at them until we bring out the Christmas decorations the next year. We then read our notes to each other when we can all sit at one time to listen. We get excited every time we bring out the decorations. It is a nice way to "seal up" the decorations after Christmas and wrap up the year.

E. Marie said...

Thank you for the opportunity to win this set. It is a beautiful set and the DT's did an awesome job, too. I just bought the dies for this so would love to win it.

We have one tradition that my family did every Christmas morning before we opened gifts when I was growing up. I have continued this with my children. We open the Bible and read the true Christmas story!!

Clickersister said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clickersister said...

Thank you for the opportunity to win this stamp set! I love ODBD stamps and use them often.
My favorite Christmas tradition is going to my husband's grandmothers house every year to gather with the family while my husband and son-in-law play guitars and we all sing Christmas songs. It's gram's favorite event of the whole year! She's 94 now, and still living on her own, and 5 generations have assembled for more than 8 years now!

Dorothy said...

What a wonderful set! I hope I have a chance to win! I think I commented on each of the DT blogs. We have several traditions, but the one I appreciate the most is the reading of the Gospel Christmas story before opening the gifts. We need to keep foremost the true meaning of the season.

Becky Dunham said...

All I can say is WOW! What beautiful cards! How do I get on your mailing list? I would absolutely love to enter this contest after looking at all of these inspiring creations, however I do not yet own any ODBD stamps... which is why I need to win some right? LOL! Thanks so much for sharing and for this fun giveaway! I just love your blog!

Sherry said...

Hi, I visited the blogs and left a comment on each one. What gorgeous creations. You sure have a talented team!

Sherry said...

ooops!!! I forgot to leave a comment on the traditions. We read the Christmas story on Christmas eve before opening presents

Judy said...

The designers have used this wonderful set to create some very beautiful cards! One of my favorite traditions is attending the Christmas Eve worship service at our church. The music is always so inspiring! It is a great time for families to be together and focus on what Christmas is all about!

Cook22 said...

It's hard to come up with a favourite tradition. Probably the family get-together on Christmas Eve, which was when we always met up after we were married and weren't all together on Christmas Day. Now the family are scattered round the country, but Christmas Eve is still when anyone in Dublin meets up.
Who doesn't like dressing the tree, too - love the smell :D. And we always had the traditional French Yule Log cake on Christmas Eve, as my mother was French.
Oh yes, I visited and commented on all the DT cards.

Heidi said...

WOW I can't believe I won! I have sent an email but wondering if anyone has received it. My email is steinrn@yahoo.com

Cook22 said...

Sheesh, that new Linky Tools is pretty counter-intuitive. It almost took me longer to link my card than it did to make! This went off to Greece this morning with small gifts for the children of a missionary couple we spent an afternoon with in the summer.

Benzi said...

Wonderful challenge and great inspiration from the DT.