Monday, December 6, 2010

Product Review - Scotch Advanced Tape Glider!

Hi everyone! There is an exciting new arrival to the Our Daily Bread designs store......the Scotch Advanced Tape Glider, otherwise known as the "ATG Gun"! I had heard about these from ladies who visited the ODBD booth at various stamp shows, but personally had never seen one until I had my hands on one of my own!! Okay, I have to share my very first thought about the ATG gun......some of you may remember the TV show, "Home Improvement"? I instantly thought about "Tim, the Tool Man, Taylor" and his growly line about "more power...arr, arr, arr"! :)


Now, my second thought was that it was a bit intimidating, not because of its size, but on account of it coming with a three page instruction sheet, which included a parts list! I thought it was going to be tricky to load and tricky to use, however, I was pleasantly proved wrong on both accounts!
Each Scotch Advanced Tape Glider Kit comes with one HOT PINK ATG gun, two acid free (permanent) tape refills which measure 1/4" x 36 yards, operating instructions, and a separate cardboard diagram showing in detail how to load the gun with the adhesive tape rolls. Did I mention the ATG was HOT PINK? The original ATG gun was an industrial yellow color and was actually designed for framing work. Both guns work the same, but the new one is more pleasant to look at!!! I'm really excited that I won't have to worry about changing the refill for a looooong time, instead of every other week with some of the smaller tape rollers!!!


We would also like to give special Kudos to 3M.....from 2010 to 2011, with each product purchased, 3M will donate $1.20 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure with a minimum donation of $25,000! Pretty cool, huh? Thanks, 3M!


Using the Scotch Advanced Tape Glider is a dream! You don't have to use any muscle at all.....it has a very smooth action and is easy to apply the adhesive to your project! Place the roller head on your project, press in the black trigger on the ATG handle, and pull toward you. The adhesive tape is located more toward the left side of the roller instead of the center, which makes it a little more tricky for a left-handed crafter, but with a little practice, should not be a problem since the tape is visible from either side of the gun.


Once you've reached the stopping point, release the trigger of the ATG, but continue to pull toward you for about a half an inch or so. Releasing the trigger stops the adhesive from moving....by continuing the pulling motion, the adhesive breaks at your stopping point and doesn't string from the gun.


Since the action of the ATG is so smooth, and since you dont' have to press hard to apply the adhesive, the ATG is perfect to use with your dry embossed panels.....no worries about smashing the embossed images while trying to apply adhesive to the back!

The Advanced Tape Glider is also easy to use with ribbon.....it is very sticky and will not come loose! ****Helpful Hint: When apply one panel of paper to the next, make sure you have it exactly where you want it before adhering....the ATG adhesive is ultra-sticky and is not very forgiving. But the good news is this: you definitely do not have to worry about your hand-made cards and gifts falling apart in less than a year!!!! Since this product was designed for framing work, you know it will stand the test of time!


Here is the card sample I made while trying out the Advanced Tape Glider. Other items used: "Blessings" set from the "Full of Grace" Collection, Basic Grey "Marjolaine" designer paper, May Arts Twill Ribbon, Basic Grey Button, Dew Drops, and a Herringbone Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.


So, head over to Our Daily Bread designs and pick up an Advanced Tape Glider for yourself....and maybe a few for gifts.....your paper-crafting friends and family will love, love, love it!!! The Scotch Advanced Tape Glider kit is the Super Special Sale item this week.....10% off until Saturday, December 11th, at midnight EST. I can't wait for you to try it!


Have fun with your new Advanced Tape Glider! God Bless!!





Product Review Writer

6 comments:

Karen W said...

I love my gun, I wish I had the pretty pink one but they are wonderful. I was changing tapes out every week and now they last about 3-4 weeks and I love it!!

Grace said...

Great product review Angie! Love your card too gf! Great job!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Awesome review, Angie!!! I bought one of these pink ones this past summer and I LOVE it!!! I am happy ODBD is selling them and the refills, YEAH!!! Oh, almost forgot...your card is amazing!!! Hugs, Sabrina

Francie G. said...

Fabulous review, Angie! I am left handed and have no problem at all using the ATG Glider. Your card is beautiful. Love the design and ribbon treatment!

mom3 said...

Angie, your review is spot on! My daughter surprised me one day by sending me a picture on my phone of the ATG. Said it was on sale. A big sale, at her place of employment. I waited a few weeks to try it, cuz I didnt think I could! Well, it is about the only thing I use now! Your card is of course, beautiful.

Gloria Stengel said...

Stunning card! I have both a red and a pink ATG. Love them and I love that the refills are so cheap!