Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Time With Angie

Hello everyone! Time seems to be literally flying by! I trust you are all enjoying this wonderful season! It's such a happy festive time of year! I think all of us are still scrambling to get some last minute special gifts made for family and friends! Today's time with our talented sweetheart, Angie just might help you out with another great idea for a quick gift that still has that special hand made feel! Here's Angie!

Hi everyone! Today I would love to share how I turned a clearance bargain into a quick and beautiful birthday gift! Don't you just love to find those one of a kind deals, like this pink and brown metal cd case I found at JoAnn's for fifty cents?!


Since the brown paint was in excellent condition, plus a beautiful shade also, I chose not to cover the sides, but only decorate the top. I started by tracing the case onto light pink cardstock and again on the back side of some Prima "Annabelle" designer paper. The pink paper I trimmed carefully by hand to keep a smooth circle. The designer paper I trimmed a second time with some scalloped scissors, sponged with chocolate ink, and adhered to the pink cardstock.


Since this case will be used for music cd's, I thought that this scripture verse from "Sing To The Lord" would be fitting. The scripture was framed with Oval Nestabilities and Big Scalloped Ovals from Spellbinders. The satin ribbon is by May Arts, the bow was tied with a Bow Easy, and the pearls are by Zva Creative.


Thanks for spending time with me today! Hope you find some bargains next time you shop! God Bless!
Angie

Thanks so much Angie! I love this idea and how great that you found this CD case so inexpensively! Please leave Angie some love and for more of her great projects, please visit her blog here.

Have a wonderful week and keep your eyes on the Reason for this Season!!! May He be the center of all your thoughts and desires this Christmas season!





DT Coordinator

6 comments:

marcelle schauer said...

Angie, don't you just love a bargin? Great bargin and wonderful project. Love your color choice!

Karen W said...

This is just beautiful, I love it!

Lori said...

This is gorgeous! What a fabulous $.50 gift,worth so much more after your love has gone into it!!!

Francie G. said...

Angie, this is just beautiful! Fabulous idea!

Conniecrafter said...

wow great find and you have dressed it up beautifully!

Darlene said...

What a beautiful altered case. The DP is beautiful and the sentiment is perfect. Love all the pearls and that gorgeous pink satin ribbon.