Hello everyone! Welcome to another Time With Post... today we are going to be treated to a SUPER pretty project complete with tutorial by our talented and sweet Chris Olsen! If you have not ordered these butterfly stamps by now.... I guarantee you will want to after you see this!!! Here's Chris:
Hi Everyone!! I am so excited with this months new release since I just love butterflies!! Since I home school my girls, I have a very full side of my refrigerator with all the papers and art projects to display. Rather than use all the mismatched magnets I currently use, I decided it was time to make it more fun and coordinated. I used the Butterfly stamp, butterfly die, and some magnet paper to create butterfly magnets. I made over 20 of them but for this post, I am just showing you a few. Without the die this would have been tedious cutting but the die made it so simple!!!
I also created a box to put all these magnets in so when they are not in use, I have storage. I decorated the top with the verse from Faith and the images from the Butterfly Corner. The butterfly is cut out with the butterfly die.
This is how I created my box to hold my butterfly magnets (please know there may be other tutorials out in blogland, however, this is how I created this box):
One 6 1/2 by 12 inch piece of cardstock for a 4 1/2 square inch box
- Fiscars cutting tool with scoring blade or other scoring tool
- 4 1/2 inch decorated top (decorated the way you like)- I used the Butterfly corner and Faith stampsets from ODBD
1. Cut a 12x12" piece of cardstock to 6 1/2 by 12 "
2. Place scoring blade in cutter and score a line 1 inch from each edge going lengthwise.
3. Turn cardstock (width wise) and score at 1", 5 1/2", 6 1/2", and 11"
4.Using the scored lines along the 12 inch edge cut flaps with scissors like pictured. Cut from outer edge to perpendicular scored line.
5. Adhere flaps to create bottom of box.
6. Adhere flaps for the top of the box.
7. Decorate top of the box and add embellishing.
I hope you have enjoyed my creations!! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
Is that not gorgeous?!!? I am in love with this idea and I hope it has inspired you to make some magnets and give this box a try too! Pop on over to Chris' Blog to see all the other gorgeous things she's been up to!
Thanks for spending time with us today, and I hope to see you entering our ongoing challenges: Shining the Light, Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook Challenge, and Stamping in Time with Betty!