I have been wanting to try this for a while and I finally did it! I created this decorative hanging ornament for St. Patrick’s Day using mini cupcake liners, a styrofoam ball and the Irish blessing from the May God Hold You set.
* May God Hold You set
* 4" styrofoam ball
* 200 St. Patrick's Day theme mini cupcake paper liners
* St. Patrick's Day ribbon
* lollipop stick (to push liners into ball)
* Tim Holts Ideology Swivel Clasp
* hole punch
* fastener and mini brad
* Glue Dots®: Craft roll, Pop-Up, Mini Dot N Go
1. Cut about 11" of ribbon. Adhere ends with a Craft Dot. Add another Craft Dot at the end of the ribbon. Using a lollipop stick, push in end of ribbon into center of styrofoam ball.
2. Starting at the center of the cupcake liner, wrap liner around tip of lollipop stick. Add a Craft Dot at the end of liner and push into styrofoam ball. Repeat until the entire ball is covered with cupcake liners.
3. Stamp Irish blessing sentiment onto cardstock and attach to ribbon using the fastener and securing with a mini brad. Punch a hole on the top left corner of the sentiment and hook onto the swivel clasp.Thanks so much Lorelie!
How's THAT for a different and cool idea? Think of the possibilities here.... a Christmas ball... a Valentines Day ball... an Easter ball.... I feel a project coming on! How fun to use the mini cupcake liners! A special thank you to Lorelie today for filling in on the spur of the moment for another DT member who was unable to post as planned... so Lor came to the rescue today and we really appreciate that! She always has something fun and different going on, so please stop by her blog and have a look around, and please leave her some love for this one! I hope you are playing along with all the challenges we have going on now! There are lots of prizes up for grabs... so don't miss out! Hope to see your creations soon! Have a blessed week!