Thursday, March 31, 2011

Time With Angie

Hello everyone! Where has this week gone? It's Thursday and that means we have a fabulous project to share with you today by our sweet and talented DT member, Angie! Angie always blows me away and this is no exception! You're going to love this!!! Here's Angie!

Hey there! Who says you have to spend a fortune creating a Mother's Day gift? I just picked up this adorable birdhouse kit at Target for $2.50! I just can't pass up affordable "alterable" items like this, especially when I have a room full of goodies to decorate it with!


The only thing I didn't like about this birdhouse was that the "assembly tabs" stuck out like a log cabin, so....I cut the tabs in half with my utility knife and sanded the edges. Scor-tape was a perfect adhesive to attach the gorgeous Prima "Botanical" designer paper to each panel. The birdhouse opening was traced onto the back of the designer paper, then cut out by hand.


The sentiment panels are from a new set, "Bird and Butterfly Labels", the cut out sentiments are from another new set, "Mother's Day", and the grass/butterfly silhouette stamp at the bottom of each panel is from yet another new set for April, "Bird Corners". The "shingles" were made by layering alternating strips of cardstock punched with an EK Success large scalloped border punch.



Here is a close-up of the border stamp at the bottom from Bird Corners", plus the sentiment panel on which I cut out the center oval panel to show the designer paper underneath.


For the finishing touches, some Zva Creative Pearls, "Pearl" Glimmer Mist, and a punched fence via Martha Stewart were added.



Thanks so much for visiting today! God Bless!


Thank you so much Angie! I am heading to Target!!! :) This is absolutely gorgeous!!! What a great way to use April's new stamps!!!

Please be sure to stop by Angie's blog to be inspired by all her other creations, and leave her some love for this fabulous project!

Please don't forget to stop by on Friday morning.... 8am EDT for our April 1st Release Blog Hop! They are always fun and full of great inspiration, so we hope you'll join us then!





DT Coordinator


14 comments:

Sandee said...

Oh man Angella!! This is fantastic!!!!

Judy Covey said...

OMG, what an amazing project Angella! This is going into my Projects Folder to make in the near future. Thanks for the inspiration.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Angie!! This rocks!! How creative and beautiful!! I just love it!! You are amazing!!
hugs,
Chris

Sherry said...

I seem to be having DUHH moments to day!! your bird house is adorable!!. I left a comment on your blog with the first card about it, when I couldn't find it on your blog

Amy said...

Absolutely precious!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Angie, girl, you are my hero!!!! I am blown away by your creativity and attention to detail!! This is WONDERFUL....now I'll have to make a trip to Target in the morning and try to get my hands on one of these ;D. Sending you hugs, Sabrina

Francie G. said...

Angie, this is incredible! What a fabulous project and so creative! Beautiful!

mom3 said...

Angie, this is beautiful~I would not have seen this bird house as anything other than a fun paint thing for the youngest of little folks. You sure gave it a grown up look!!

Jean said...

Angie, This is soo cool! What a creative project! Love the birdhouse.

Dawn said...

I LOVE it, Ang!! So clever, love my border along the bottom too, oh my....just too cute! You're amazing!!!

Queen Mary said...

OK, i take it back -- it was Angie's blog I missed because this is the birdhouse I love! I'm so excited to try this!

Lenoria said...

This bird house is gorgeous! You are so creative and this is such a wonderful decorative item.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh is that ever gorgeous, you would never know it started out as a $2.50 bird house!

Anonymous said...

I seem sbo to be having DUHH moments to day!! your bird house is adorable!!. I left a sbobet comment on your blog with the first card about it, when I couldn't find it on your blog