Thursday, April 14, 2011

Time With Becca!

Hello everyone! Today we have a "sweet fragrance" for you! Our talented Becca is sharing an awesome project, and you are going to love it! So here's Becca...



Hi there blog friends. I've been thinking on a gift item I can whip up quickly and embellish to give to friends. I always like to have something up my sleeve that I can accomplish without having to buy more supplies or having to run out to the store, or have to reinvent the wheel. I keep packets of potpourri at home. You can normally get them at places like Pier One, World Market or Bed, Bath and Beyond. The box I buy has 8 packet
s in it so I figured I'd make a holder for two of them. I get four gifts from each box and mmmmm . . . they smell so good!!



The neat thing is that you can embellish the box a different way every time and the ODBD Scripture Collection are a perfect option. So I'm going to show you how to make the basic box!!


Here are your supplies, shown below:


Using 12"x12" paper, score at the following intervals:
1/4", 3/4", 5 1/2", 6 1/2", 11 1/4", 11 3/4" (as shown below)



Rotate
paper 90 degrees and score at the following intervals:
2 1/2", 3", 10", 10 1/2"
(as shown below)


Make the cuts as shown in the picture below:



Cut top with one border punch and bottom with the other border punch as sho
wn below:

Put Scor-Tape on each of the areas shown below:

Assemble as shown!


Now you can embellish to your hearts desire!! For mine I used the following supplies:


SUPPLIES I USED
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs - Scripture Collection 6
Paper: The Girls Paperie, Bazzill
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Spellbinders Parisian Motifs, Spellbinders Classic Circle LG, Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Circles LG, Spellbinders Parisian Accents, Prima Pearls, Recollections Flower, May Arts Silk Ribbon

I hope you enjoy!!

Hugs,

Becca


Oh thank you so much Becca! You always come up with the most amazing projects, and this is no exception! Just gorgeous!!! I wish I could smell it's fragrance in person! Please leave Becca some love for this wonderful project, and of course to be completely blown away, visit her blog, Amazing Papergrace! That's it for today! I hope your day is wonderful!!!




DT Coordinator



32 comments:

Rachel Brooks said...

Wonderful project! I've got to get some packets and make up some gifts. Thanks for sharing this lovely idea.

Bev said...

WOW Becca, This is a wonderful idea. As you said it is so Versatile, just so many uses. The way you have decorated yours is Perfect. Many Many Thanks.
God Bless,
Beverley......

Cook22 said...

That is really beautiful!

Lori m said...

Gorgeous! Blessings to all!

Sasha said...

Absolutely beautiful Becca! I will be making one of these very soon. Thank You!

Gloria Westerman said...

This is wonderful....just prefect for Easter candy .....thank you so much for the tutorial....I will be making these.....

Teresa, Chowbaby said...

how sweet, Becca. Great gift idea for Sunday School class gifts at Christmas or Secret Sister gift for Scrapclub. Thanks ODB for the place to get an idea and MORNING DEVOTION IN SONG AT THE SAME PLACE- LOVE THE PLAYLIST -

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

Gorgeous project Becca. Love all your creations.

Angella D. Crockett said...

What an amazing project! Thanks for the step by step, Becca!! You are such a blessing to the stamping community and to all who know you, period!! Love and hugs, Angie

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful gift box. Thanks for the tutorial on how to build it.

seau said...

Good morning Becca,
I loved your little gift box, it's beautiful and praticle. Thanks for sahring your project. Eunice B

Anonymous said...

Love It! absolutely Love It!Becca.
TFS
mary l.

Mrs Ham said...

Great project Becca. Thanks for the tutorial.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous project! Quick,versatile, and beautiful. Thank you!

Elizabeth, The Shepherdess said...

Becca, this is amazing! I'm seeing several other possibilities for 'stuffing' this gift box. Thaks so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I really like this idea Becca. Wow! That is a winner. I'm like you I like little gifts to give to someone and this is a winner. I put the directions in my Favorite File for a later date.
Blessings...Leanne

Mommamea's favorite things said...

Thank you so much for the how to’s. This is so awesome and from 2 of my favorite sites.
God granted you with such Talent.

Rene said...

You are 'Amazing' Becca...what a lovely project, I can't wait to make one. Your work is so pretty, I love your blog.
Rene from OZ xo

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Sweet Becca, what an amazing project!! I think I need to make a couple of these to have on hand for gifts ;D...thanks so much for sharing!! Hugs, Sabrina

Lisa said...

Another gorgeously elegant project! Are those Martha Stewart stamps?

TFS, Lisa

Lisa said...

Oops, I meant to say Martha Stewart punches, not stamps, sorry!

Lisa

Lisa said...

Oops, I meant to say Martha Stewart punches, not stamps, sorry!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

What a talented lady you are! God has truely blessed you in the gift of creativity......also blessed you in the gift of sharing your talent. Thanks you for sharing wish I could spend the time in creating all the things you share with us.

Melanie said...

Hi Becca,
Thankyou so much for the instructions of this project. It is one I am so anxious to try.
We are all blessed with your talent.
Melanie

Toucan Scraps said...

fabulous project Becca, thank you for sharing

SavedbyGrace said...

Hi Becca! Wonderful idea! As always, well done. Iris, Saved by Grace

Dawn said...

beautiful and great idea Becca! thanks for the inspiration!

Jessica said...

OH My Gosh Becca! This is just a fabulous box! How do you come up with these ideas! You are soooo very talented. Thanks for sharing
Hugs, Jessica

Diana Queen said...

I looove this project... as the wife of a principal...these would make such fab teacher gifts! Can't wait ti to this! ;D

Luv 2 Create said...

Becca,
This is so typically you. You are just so creative and inventive. Love it and thanks for always sharing your creative ideas with us. You spoil us and we love it.
Marcie

FM said...

Love this project!! Thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

Oh my this is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.