Thursday, April 28, 2011

Time With Connie

Hello! I hope you all had a simply wonderful Easter! Today is the day we're going to spend time with our talented DT member, Connie! She has a great little project for you and it's just in time for Mother's Day! Here's Connie!

Hugs and Kisses Bi-fold Picture Frame


Hello, it's Connie! I have a fun little project for you today! I wanted to make something for the Grandmothers for Mother's Day. So I decided to make this little bi fold picture frame!

This picture Frame is made with 3 1/2" square Chip board. I covered it with Night of Navy card stock and then used some wonderful Couture DP from SEI. To add a bit of texture to the DP I used the new Vintage embossing plate that will be released May 1st! The fun sentiment and label image is also from a new set to be released May 1st called Mini Tags 1. I then added a bit of navy organdy ribbon across the bottom of both layouts. Before I added any of the other embellishments, I punched one side of each layouts with the bind it all and bound them together with 3/8" metal rings.

To embellished the rest of the frame, I added the photo of my kids from last Easter cut out with a die from the ODBD Exclusive Spellbinders set Elegant Ovals, a large bow tied with a bow easy and some half backed navy pearls from Zva Creative!

Just a simple little project, but it is sure to put a smile on some Grandma's faces! :)

I hope you have enjoyed my little project for you today! Have a wonderful day!

Connie

Thanks so much Connie! We all love quick little projects to do for little gifts, and you are right... this would put a smile on any grandma's face!!! (I am one so I know!!!) Be sure to pop on over to Connie's Blog and see all the inspiration she has there, and please leave her a little love here as well!

Have a wonderful week and we hope we'll see you right here on May 1st for our next Release and Release Blog Hop! The DT is working now to bring you lots of great ideas for this new release... and as always there will be wonderful prizes, so don't miss it!





DT Coordinator

5 comments:

Rachel Brooks said...

Love having such a clever GIFT idea! I know it will be well received. Not to difficult, but OH, so elegant. Thank you for the inspiration.

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, what a wonderful idea.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Connie!!! What an amazing project!!! It will be cherished for sure!! I think I may need a Zutter lesson from you....my wires never turn out right!!! God bless, Angie

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Connie, girl, this is such an awesome idea for Mother's Day or any oher occasion that you need something for grandma or auntie. Your kids are so adorable and you have picked just the perfect spot infront of those gorgeous flowers to take that photo...fabulous!! Hugs, Sabrina

Kelley said...

So precious! Love it!