Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Time With Dawn

Hello Our Daily Bread designs friends! We're so glad you stopped by today as we are spending time with the ever so talented Dawn Lusk! Dawn has a fabulous project to share with us today and you'll love the sneak peek she's giving too! Enjoy!

Hi, Dawn here sharing this Post-it note holder with custom shaped sticky notes and thank you card.

This is also a sneak peek at some new releases coming next week, June 1, from Our Daily Bread designs, Serve The Lord, Crocheted Background, Crocheted Circle Die and Crocheted Border Die.

For my cover, I stamped the crocheted circle from Serve The Lord two times. I colored the California Poppies with Copics, then using a Spellbinders Circle die cut out the circle, then trimmed closer with scissors. These I layered and popped up with foam dimensionals on more circles as shown. You'll need another circle for your back side also.


Here's how I did the custom sticky notes to match

Starting with 5-6 sticky notes at a time (any more than that and the die won't cut through), the Crocheted Circle Die, and your machine of choice (I used a Cuttlebug) cut a stack of "Post-its", sticking them together as you cut them.


This is my piece that will hold the front and back together and allow space for the notes inside. Score 1/4" either side of the middle. (I used my Scor-buddy, always at my side!)


I applied Scor-Tape and adhered to the inside front and back then placed the sticky notes inside.




For the card, I stamped the Crocheted Lace Background and "faux layered" it...meaning I took a black Sharpie marker and ruler around the edges. This saves on cardstock and bulk!


I stamped the crocheted circle twice and again colored with Copics. I also cut the circle using the Spellbinders circle die and trimmed closely with scissors.
The Crocheted Border Die matches the image that is part of the Serve The Lord set...so pretty! I stamped it twice, die cut and put them back to back. I also just used the die to make some black trim to layer behind.
The sentiment is also from this set and is cut with Spellbinders Grommet Tags. I custom colored the brads with a Copic to match my Poppies.


A nice little gift, easily made and custom designed by YOU! I hope I've inspired you to try it!!


Dawn

Thanks so much Dawn! I know I'm inspired!!! Please pop on over to Dawn's blog to see lots more of her work, and please be sure to leave her some love too! We are all working on the most fabulous release yet ... the June release, which is just around the corner! There are such great stamps coming your way... so be sure to be here on June 1 for our Blog Hop and lots of chances to win great prizes!!! Hope to see you then!


7 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Dawn, what a fabulous set!!!! Thanks for always having something creative for us to drool over!!! Blessings, Angie

Karen W said...

Oh Wow, this is just gorgeous and I can't wait for this new set.

Lin said...

Beautiful! Can't wait for this release!

Becky said...

wow...This is just stunning Dawn. I will be getting this set. :)

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Oh my goodness gracious. Dawn, girl, you have outdone yourself on this one. Thanks so much on sharing with us on how you've created this wonderful Post-it-note pad....love it!! Hugs, Sabrina

seamom said...

Me, too, to all of these comments! And, to quote Becky, "I will be getting this set" too!

Robyn said...

OH SO CLEVER!! Beautifully put together!