Monday, June 20, 2011

Product Review - Nestabling!

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all had a blessed weekend!! Today I get to share with you a new and exciting product which has just been added to the Our Daily Bread designs store......Nestabling by Want2Scrap!!! What is Nestabling, you ask? Most of you have heard the term "bling" before...anything sparkly, shimmery, and beautiful with which to embellish your crafty items! The "Nesta" part means that this gorgeous bling is coordinated with some of Spellbinders cutting dies...from circle and square Nestabilites to your fave Labels dies, some of the new fancy dies such as the Fleur De Lis Rectangles, Fancy Tags 2, the Pennant dies, and many more!!!! Nestabling comes in a variety of colors, in pearls or rhinestones, and each design's "bling" is perfectly placed on a clear adhesive backing......just peel and stick!! Easy and gorgeous .....I love it!!


For my first Nestabling sample, I am using the Lacey Ovals Pearls in Moss, along with the Spellbinders Lacey Ovals and Classic Ovals Large. The two outer pearl rings in this package fit the largest dies in both of the Spellbinder sets mentioned.


All of the Nestabling designs are attached to a clear acrylic sheet within the package. It's so easy to find the right sized cutting die by placing the sheet over the die, until you find the right fit. In this photo, I have lined up the largest pearl oval strip with the cutting die I will use.


Here you can see how perfectly the Lacey shaped pearls match the cutting die....yeah!!!


In this photo, I have already cut, stamped, sponged, and layered my two dies. As I am peeling off the outer pearl layer, which will attach to the Lacey Ovals panel, my hubby walked in and gave the most brilliant suggestion.....see the next photo!!


He suggested that I lay the pearls upside down and attach the paper to them!!! I love that man! Of course, though this upside-down method is perfect for the Lacey Ovals (and perhaps a few others with similar designs), most of the others you will have to place on top of your design.


With the adhesive side up, I was able to line up the Lacey panel directly over the adhesive strip and succeed in the first try!!


Next, I peeled off the largest oval strip, and carefully placed them on the oval panel. Unless you press down on the adhesive, there is some forgiveness by the pearl strip and you can re-position it if need be. Once you have it where you want it, press down on all of the pearls and it's there for good!

This is a close up of the finished sentiment panel.


Here is the finished card. Other supplies used:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs
'Friends - The Blessings Collection';
Cardstock: SU Blushing Bride and Whisper White;
Designer Paper: Pink Paislee 'Butterfly Collection';
Ink: Stazon Olive Green, Ranger Antique Linen;
Accessories: Spellbinders Lacey Ovals and
Oval Nestabilities, Pearls by Want2Scrap, Bow Easy, May Arts Satin Ribbon, 'Pearl' Glimmer Mist, Scor-Buddy (to score card fold and score lines on card panel), paper piercer and template;
Techniques: Scoring, Paper Piercing;
Size: 5-1/2"x 6"




I hear another question......"what if I don't have any Spellbinder dies....or the right ones?" I have answered that question with my next sample. The next Nestabling package I am using, Fancy Tags Two in White, coordinates with the Spellbinders die set, Fancy Tags Two, which I do not own. However, these gorgeous pearl designs are perfect to create your own framing, even without the matching cutting dies!!


I picked out the sentiment stamp I wanted to use, placed it on the Nestabling sheet to make sure of the sizing, then placed the sheet over the designer paper to figure out exactly where I wanted the stamp and Nestabling frame to go. I then placed my stamp on an acrylic block and stamped directly onto my designer paper using the Stamp-a-ma-jig stamp positioner. Now I'm ready for the bling!!



To my joyous surprise, this particular design was in three separate pieces, so I was able to set the frame down around the sentiment first, then apply one flourish at a time....much easier to handle that way, without having to reposition it. Although I used all three pieces together, you could use them all separately as well.....it's all good!!!


Here is my clean and simple card, showing how quick and easy you can whip up an elegant card with no fuss! I am in LOVE with Nestabling....a huge time-saver, plus it's gorgeous too!!!


Card details:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs
'Serve the Lord';
Cardstock: SU Early Espresso and Whisper White;
Designer Paper: Bo Bunny 'Gabrielle';
Ink: SU Early Espresso;
Accessories: Nestabling - Fancy Tags Two,
'Pearl' Glimmer Mist, Ornare Piercing Template, paper piercer, sponge dauber, Stamp-a-ma-jig;
Techniques: CAS, paper piercing;
Size: 5-1/2"x 5-1/2"




I had so much fun creating these samples for you....I can't wait to try more! I used to place single pearls one by one around my Spellbinder mats....now I will let Nestabling do the work for me! As I mentioned before, a time-saver plus gorgeous bling.....it's a win-win in my book!


If you like what you see, head on over to the ODBD store and pick up some Nestabling to try for yourself, plus, why not pick some up for a friend? All Nestabling products are the Super Special Sale item this week.....10% off until Saturday, June 25 at midnight EDT.


If you have any questions regarding this Product Review or suggestions for tutorials you would like to see in the future, please email me at angelladcrockett at yahoo dot com. Please use a recognizable subject line.....don't want you to end up in the spam box!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a very blessed week!!



Product Review/Tutorial Writer

10 comments:

Karen W said...

beautiful, I love this new bling and have some. It's gorgeous!!

Kathy said...

Oh how beautiful! I own exactly one set of Spellbinders dies...ovals that I've had for a few years. I do want more and now even more so with the Nestabling!!!

Becky said...

I love these.. They are so elegant.

Lori said...

Very cool! Love your sample cards, Angie.

Jan Marie said...

So pretty. . and such great directions! Thanks, Angie! These are lovely!

NancyD said...

These new embellishments sure make it easy for us! They look wonderful, can't wait to get my own. Lovely sample cards! Nancy

Saints Rule! said...

A girl's best friends... a clever fellow and BLING!!! I gotta order some of this pearlaliciousness... (if that's a word...) lol

Sarah said...

Thanks Angie for the tutorial. Those are really beautiful and I will be trying some soon.

gg nurse said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm in love with this new product & your cards! Heading to the store. I've been wanting some ODBD stamps, so think it's time to buy!

Ganiz said...

Beautiful, I love this new bling and have some. It's gorgeous!!

Other product review product review