Thursday, August 4, 2011

Time With Sandee!

Hello everyone!  I'm so happy to be spending time with Sandee today!  If you know the ODBD Design Team at all, you know how talented and sweet Sandee is!  I just love the project she is sharing today, and I know you will too!  So.... here's Sandee....


Hi there!  Back again with another project!  
Recently, while visiting Pinterest, I found a photo of some fans that were made for wedding favors.  The original idea was from Martha Stewart and I knew I had to try this out for myself!  

I found the wooden handles at Hobby Lobby.  They were not too expensive, I think they were $2.99 for a bag of 24.  (I think I have a lot of fans to make! LOL).  First, I sanded the handle to smooth out any splinters and then I painted it with FolkArt Vintage White acrylic paint.  While waiting for that to dry, I gathered two matching sheets of Memory Box Spearmint designer paper and the cardboard backing.  I used Aleen's spray adhesive, following the directions on the can to use in a well ventilated area, and adhered the paper to both sides of the cardboard.  I cut this down just a little so no uneven edges would show.  I used a corner rounder punch on each corner and then used the same acrylic paint on the edges, both front and back.


Next, I stamped the image from the Porch set.  I cut the sentiment with a Spellbinders circle, a Spellbinders Scallop circle, and a Cheery Lynn Designs French Pastry Doily, all in one cut using my Spellbinders Grand Calibur.  I did run the circle and scallop circle back through to emboss the edges.  I used Beacon 3-in-1 glue to adhere the handle, and then I was ready to 'build' my fan.

 I added several rows of lace, vintage ric-rac, delicate ribbon and the white bead trim.  Then I added my sentiment doily and scripture circles.  The SU! flowers came next and then the pearls.  I tied some lace and ribbon on the handle and then glued the lace bow that I made with my Bow Easy onto the handle along with the white button.  The last touch was just a few spritzes of Glimmer Mist!  

Here is how the fan looks from the back.

Thank you so much for spending a few moments with me today!  Have a wonderful day!!!
Sandee
Thanks so much Sandee! I love this idea and you do vintage and shabby chic sooooo well!  I might need to try this one day soon!  I hope you all enjoyed this project!  I hope you'll leave Sandee a little love here and then pop on over to her blog and see what else she's been creating!


Don't forget the Mid Month Release of Customer Favorites, Scripture Series 2 on Aug. 15th!!! You don't want to miss that!  Great Scriptures and prizes... what could be better?  Hope to see you then!





DT Coordinator

10 comments:

christi said...

what a cute fan. perfect for the lazy days of summer that we are having. it is hot, hot, hot, here. the vintage look takes me back. i love how you interweave all of the different products that you used. thanks for sharing.

madoke said...

What a great project, could use it now its so hot. Thank you for sharing it.

Becky said...

What a gorgeous fan. Reminds me of the days in church when we did not have air conditioning. :)

Angella D. Crockett said...

Sandee, you are so clever!!! Such a fun and gorgeous project! Blessings, Angie

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Sandee, oh mu word, this is absolutely breathtaking my friend!!! I will so make one of these. Sure would make a nice gift idea! Thanks for sharing sweet friend! Hugs and blessings Sabrina

Deb said...

Beautiful fan! Thank you. I plan on taking mine to bible class:)

Lori said...

What a great idea! Your fan is absolutely gorgeous, Sandee!!! I'm pinning you to my Pinterest board.

Anonymous said...

Love the fan, especially the shabby chic details! Great project. TFS Jo4Him

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful project, love your verse for it!

BuyWoWAccount said...

Beautiful fan. Good color choice.

Buy WoW Account