Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 1 {ODBDLYLS8} Scrapbook Challenge

Wow, and welcome to August! Could we really be sending our kiddos back to school this month? Amazing how the summer has flown by! Before we get to our new scrapbook challenge for August, I am excited to share our July winners with you. First, we have:

Diana Nguyen is the winner of our $25 Gift Certificate for the July Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook Challenge. I love how she used the circle challenge to share so many photos of her son and pulled the blue from his shirt to use on the layout. Adorable! I also loved how she used the ODBD Scripture Series 1 scripture too! Huge congrats Diana. Please e-mail Kelley at kelley@ourdailybreaddesigns.com for more information on how to claim your gift certificate.

And Lynn Ray is our Let Your Light Shine Award winner. She shared a beautiful tribute to her mother and used the ODBD Get Well and Friendship sets so beautifully on her page.

Please be sure you both grab the Shining the Light Award Badge and display it with pride. Please link the badge to http://ourdailybreaddesigns.com/. Congratulations to both of you, and a huge thanks to all of our amazing entrants this past month!

Now, it's time for a new ODBD Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook Challenge. So, with another school year starting, I got to thinking about numbers, and I thought it would be fun to play with numbers on our layouts. Your challenge for August is to: create a layout of any size using at least one number, one embellishment, and ODBD stamp(s). Use a number in your title, your journaling, a math equation, anything fun with numbers. Think out of the box! Dating your page does not count as numbers. We want to have fun with those numbers, and remember you must use a minimum of one embellishment and ODBD stamp(s) too!

Today I am sharing our "number" inspiration for you. The number '2' was perfect for my little "parrot pair." The scripture from the ODBD "Porch" set was perfect for their photo. I also used the border from the same set along the bottom of my page.

8x8 Page by Patter
ODBD Products Used: Porch

To see more information, close-up photos, and a complete supply list, please my blog post here or by clicking on my name just above the scrapbook page. Now, it is your turn to play! Here are the guidelines:

**You must use ODBD stamps on a scrapbook page of any size!
**Other stamps are allowed, but ODBD images need to be the focus!
**Use Keywords ODBDLYLS8 and ODBD when linking to SCS or other public galleries.
**The same keywords will be used for this entire month of August!
**To be eligible for the $25 gift certificate, leave a link to your creation here using Inlinkz.
**All entries for the entire month must be linked to this first post of the month using Inlinkz.
**If you use either your blog link or online gallery, please give a link back to this challenge page.

The challenge runs through Wednesday, August 31st, at 6 p.m. Eastern. You have all month to enter. You can enter as many times as you like, just remember to link your creations to this first post. We will select a winner from ALL of the August scrapbook challenge entries for a $25 gift certificate to the ODBD Store! The winner will be announced with our new challenge that will begin Tuesday, September 6th! Thanks for stopping by, and we can't wait to see what you create! Have a blessed day!



Scrapbook Team Coordinator

7 comments:

Lori said...

Patter, this is super! Sweet birds! Thanks for a great challenge, I have some chipboard numbers I really need to use.

Diana Nguyen said...

Thanks so much for the SYLCAward and the gift certificate! Thank you also, ODBD, for all your challenges - it really helps me to narrow down and focus on what to do instead of fussing around for an hour with nothing done. Every card or page I do with an ODBD stamp, I think of Isaiah 55:11 and that His Word will not return empty. Thanks again!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Congrats to the winners!!! All of the entries were fantastic! Thanks for another fun challenge this month....Patter, your sample is adorable! Blessings, Angie

Jonia said...

Congrats to all the winners! Patter your page is just too cute! I do love what you did with it and the scripture does go so well with the page!

Beth Norman said...

Congratulations ladies. Your pages are beautiful. Love the new challenge and the inspiration.

Lynn said...

Thank you so much! I was so excited to see that I won the Let Your Light Shine Award! I'm glad I could share a page about my mom with everyone. She was so special. Congrats to Diana on the gift certificate! I love the layouts she did on her boys. All of the entries were super. I hope more ladies will join in your scrapbooking challenges. Patter, your example for the August challenge is fabulous (as usual!). Such a fun idea for a challenge, too. I'll have to see what I can come up with. Thank you again!

Heidi said...

Oh goodness, this page is too darned cute, love those little birds. I found this a challenge to use a number. thanks.............