Saturday, October 8, 2011

ODBDSLC79 Make your Own Embellishment Challenge


Happy Saturday all!! After having the same challenge for two weeks, we are excited to be back!! Before going on to announcing the winners and introducing the new challenge, I would like to welcome our newest guest: Sue Worthington. Sue has been an active participant and our challenges and is a real inspiration. Welcome Sue!! We look forward to seeing your ODBD Challenge creations.

More about Sue......

My name is Sue Worthington, and I am a widow, blessed with 2 daughters, 2 sons, and 11 wonderful grandchildren- 7 boys and 4 girls. I thank my wonderful parents for teaching me the value of giving “homemade” gifts, which nurtured my crafting skills early on in my life. My soulmate, John, was a woodworker and carpenter, and we made lots of crafty things in the few short years we had together, but after his death, it was my daughter-in-law, who taught me to make a card while visiting, and I was hooked!!

With the grandchildren, came scrapbooking, and I frequently “peeked” at the marvelous creations on Splitcoaststampers, but it took me a while to gather the courage to upload a card. From there, I began doing challenges, and met some of the most talented, caring, and encouraging friends I have EVER known in my life - God is so good!!

I am honored, excited, and humbled to be a guest designer for Our Daily Bread Designs, and to work with this talented Design Team! These beautiful Scriptures and inspiring images are an amazing way to share my Faith, to bless others, and to spread His Word.
I am so grateful for this opportunity – thanks, Kelley and Chris!

WELCOME SUE!! Sue will be our guest for October and November.

And now on to this week's challenge and winners....

Thanks to everyone who participated in the "Scripture and Quote" challenge last week!! There were so many beautiful creations. We so enjoyed viewing your interpretation of the challenge.

The Award and Prize Winners for last week's "Scripture and Quote" challenge:




Cindy Lou



Karen Wallace



Congrats Ladies !! Please grab the Shining the Light Award Badge and display it with pride. Please link the badge to http://ourdailybreaddesigns.com/.

Shining the Light Challenge Award
Thanks to some of our Design Team members for their gorgeous entries for this challenge:


Julie Warner - justwritedesigns http://thewritestuff.justwritedesigns.com/





This week's random prize winner of the $15 dollar gift certificate toward stamps is: 23-Tessa!!

Congratulations Tessa! Please email Kelley at kelley@ourdailybreaddesigns.com
for more information on how you to claim your gift certificatePlease let her know you won ODBDSLC78.

This weeks challenge: Make your own Embellishment (dye your own seam binding, make your own flowers, make your own buttons or stickpins and etc.) on your creation.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for thprize must be submitted by Friday, October 14 at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award.Inorder to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have yoursubmission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, October 14 at 8 a.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC79. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Now on to our challenge teams inspiring creations for this challenge:

Please note the designers link, challenges used and the stamp set they used is listed under each creation. If you take a moment to leave the girls some love at their blogs, I am sure they would greatly appreciate it.

 

ODBD Stamps used: Christmas Collage



ODBD Stamps used: Weave in Faith


ODBD stamps used: Sewn with LoveSpool and Tape

ODBD Stamp: The Good Seed


ODBD Stamp set used: Give Thanks


Thanks for stopping by!! We hope you will join us for this week's challenge. We can't wait to see your creations!!
blessings,






5 comments:

Karen W said...

Wow, thank you so much for the honor of having my card chosen. I love the ODBD stamps and they are so much fun to work with. This weeks challenge sounds fun and the DT cards are gorgeous!!

Cook22 said...

Congratulations, Sue - it will be a treat to get to see what you create over the couple of months.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Sue, we are soooooo excited to have you along for a couple of months....you have been creating some fabulous ODBD cards...can't wait to see more! {{{HUGS}}}
Congrats to the winners...beautiful work, ladies! Love the challenge this week too...better put on my thinking cap! Gorgeous samples, my dear sister Breadsticks! Blessings, Angie

Tessa said...

Thank you so much! this made my day!

Becky Dunham said...

I only have one set of ODBD stamps - that is why I need more! Will try to make another card before the deadline :)