Thursday, October 13, 2011

Time With Becca!

Hello ODBD friends!  I'm trusting you are enjoying a wonderful week!  Here in much of the US, fall has suddenly burst forth with brilliant hues of yellow, orange and red.  The fog gently lifts in the mornings, unveiling God's creativity in all it's glory!  That in itself is enough to put a smile of gratitude on my face, but today, we are spending time with our talented Becca, and THAT will surely put a smile on all your faces!  You'll love her quick and easy project today!  Here is Becca!


Friends, thanks so much for joining me today. As our minds turn toward Christmas and giving, I look for any opportunity to make something quick and simple so that there's always a gift at hand. You never know when you might need to reciprocate or even give a trinket to someone whose spirits need lifting. Today I put together a very, very easy pocket that houses a gift card. Because the pocket and the gift card are separate, they provide lots of opportunity for embellishment. This project takes 1 piece of 12" x 12" design paper and 1 sheet of 8.5" x 11" cardstock, along with some scraps. With less than a 10 minute investment in time, you're going to a have personalized gift card pocket, ready to go. I know that sometimes I make, ahem...detailed projects. This one is not!! I would sure love it if you give it a try :-)

For my pocket that I'm displaying, I used the new Joy to the World Hymn released this month at Our Daily Bread Designs - I found it was the perfect compliment to the scads of christmas design paper I've collected over the years. The supplies for this project are so simple - be sure to play up the front of the pocket by adorning with a sweet flower or your favorite brad.





SUPPLIES I USED
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs - Joy to the World Hymn
Paper: Me and My Big Ideas - Holiday, The Paper Company (Red), PTI Kraft
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia

Accessories: Scor-Tape, Martha Stewart Punch, Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia, Seam Binding, Glue Dots, Button, Floss

Thanks so much for spending some time with me. Will you be ready? It's almost legal to start mentioning the Christmas Countdown :-)






Thanks sooo much Becca!  This is a great little project we all can do and it IS time to start getting ready for Christmas!  Please leave Becca some love here and then hop on over to her Amazing Papergrace Blog to see what else she's been up to!


Have a blessed week!





DT Coordinator




19 comments:

Christien Harrop said...

Brilliant Becca! As you say, very easy and very effective!

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous and do-able! Fabulous!

bboo said...

thanx for the new idea for gift cards. love it!!!!

Francie G. said...

Becca, this is fabulous! Not only is it beautiful, it is easy peasy! Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your talent! Beautiful, beautiful!

Becky said...

Awesome Becca! Thanks for the tutorial.

Lagene said...

GORGEOUS! Thanks for the tutorial!

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

Another beautiful project Becca, now don't mention a countdown...lol

snowbear said...

Love it!!!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Becca, absolutely awesome!! I will so make a bunch of these for teacher gift cards! Thanks for the tutorial! Hugs, Sabrina

Gloria Stengel said...

Beautiful as always. I love the new Poinsettia die. I've been using it all the time!

Mickie said...

Another great idea from our Becca. So pretty.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Fantastic project and thanks for the instructions...you are a great teacher!! Love and hugs, Angie

Ratty Hugs said...

Perfect timing for this easy tutorial. Thank you ever so much for the inspiration.
alsmouse ~C8>

Rufus said...

Yahoooo, Becca! Very easy, effective and elegant!
R/

chrisd said...

Great project Becca. I plan to make a lot of these for my Christmas gifts this year.Thanks for the tutorial too.

Dawn said...

beautiful, quick project Becca!!

irishgreensue said...

Totally a fabulous idea, and easy too! Since I do mainly gift cards, except for the little ones, this is a simple project that can be done in a heartbeat! Thank you for the excellent tutorial - it is so simple to follow!! Love it!

Michele said...

I Just love this and thanks for the video.

Paula Gale said...

I love the design Becca - you also explained it so well.

Thank you.

Paula, Derbyshire, UK. x x x