Thursday, October 27, 2011

Time With Connie!

Hello friends of Our Daily Bread designs!

I Hope you're having a wonderful week, and I hope you have had time to hop along with the bread sticks to see all the samples made with the special stamp set, Praying for a Cure!  If not, scroll down one post and have a look, and you might win one of three great prizes!!!


Meantime... today is our special time we spend with one of our talented design team members, and we're with Connie today.  You will love seeing what she has made for you, complete with tutorial, using a sneak peek at the Nov. 1 release!!! Yay!!!  So here's Connie!



Time with Connie...Tent Card!


Hello! I am so excited to share a set and die from the new November release, along with a tutorial for a Tent Card!! The set I am using today is called Sweet Christmas Wishes, and it fits perfectly with the new window die created by Spellbinders exclusively for Our Daily Bread Designs!!



To create the Tent Card You will need a card base of 8 1/2" x 11" and a 4 1/4" x 4" piece of card stock the same color as your base.



I started by cutting out the window die, and placing it on the card stock base covered in DP (here I am using My Minds Eye - Lost and Found Christmas) to trace the inside of the window so I know where to cut the window on the base of my card.



Once traced, cut out the window opening.



Next put the rest of your window together by cutting out the drapes. Before I took the drapes out of the die, I traced the lines in the die with a black copic marker to give them some dimension.



Tape the drapes to the back of your window.



Tape your finished window on top of the cut portion of the front of your card base to create the window you will be looking through.



Take the 4 1/4" x 4" piece of card stock and score it at 1", 2" and 3".



Fold the scores in a peak and valley formation.



Adhere the one side of the scored piece of card stock to the inside base of your card. Then place the colored image on top. Finally, adhere the other side to the bottom inside of the card base to create you tent!



Decorate as you see fit! :)

Thanks so much for visiting today! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Connie
Thanks so much Connie!  I love this tent card and I know this is a fun way to use this new set and die!  Please take a minute to leave Connie some love and pop on over to her blog to see all her other creations!  Don't forget to have a peek at the post below to be amazed! 
DT Coordinator

20 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, my word! I am so excited for this die and stamp set--I know someone I want to send a card like this to!

Anonymous said...

Neat card! love the tent idea too!
Vicki R

Patti J said...

I love you Grace, but my billfold is not so sure! Goodness, I'd love to have the stamps and die! What an absolutely divine card! Love it - thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

Carmen said...

Very cute card Connie! Love the idea and will definitely try it one day!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Connie, this is so gorgeous and so cool! Thanks for the step by step instructions....can't wait to try one! Blessings, Angie

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

WOW, Connie, what an amazing card!! I so need to give this one a try! Thanks for sharing this wonderful tutorial with us! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

irishgreensue said...

Love this, Connie, what a fantastic setting inside the window with that new stamp set!! Will be trying this one out soon! Hugs & Blessings!

Cook22 said...

What a fabulous die, and the perfect style of card to use it with.

Joan V said...

Wow, such a cute card. Love that window die, I have been looking for one of those!!! Thanks for sharing.

sandee said...

wow, love this set...mmmm..shopping be on the plan for today :)

Linda Carson said...

WOW! That's stunning Connie!

Jan Castle said...

Great card! Wonderful dies!
Jan

Anonymous said...

This die and stamp set is on my must buy list! Can't wait!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning card Connie!! Love your design and your coloring is gorgeous!! Great tutorial!
hugs,
Chris

Sharon Peele said...

I love this stamps and die!! So much you can do with it!! Beautiful job on the tutorial!!

Jan Keen said...

Oh I just love your card, and I'm looking forward to this die set...can hardly wait...I can see so many cards in my head with this set. It will be awesome to have!!

Dawn said...

This is just over-the-top Awesome, Connie!!!! LOVE it!!

Becky said...

wow, this is awesome, gorgeous card and love this die!

creativearts said...

I love your card and this set is a must have for me! The die can be used in so many ways! Your coloring is superb and I love the idea of a tent card!

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, love the dimension and great scene!