Thursday, November 10, 2011

Time With Debi!

Hello friends of ODBD!  We're so glad to have you stop by today!  We are spending a little time with Debi today, and she has a great idea for a  gift that would be perfect for teachers, neighbors or anyone to whom you want to give a little gift!  Enjoy!


Hello all!  I thought I would whip up some fun little favors that would be appropriate for a Christmas get to together.  Now one of the very first things I ever did as a stamper, other then making cards was to make some candles for a gift.  This is just a scaled down version of that using a votive size candle.
My ribbon really is a soft red but insists on photographing orange for some reason.  
I used Stazon ink to stamp my verse on the glass cup.  I practiced multiple times first using a more forgiving ink so I could wipe it off and do it again. 
The best way for me was to place my stamp ink side up on my table then roll the glass cup across the inked stamp.
I then stamped the pine cone image on a bit of tissue paper and colored the image with markers.
I trimmed it closely
then gently heated it with my embossing gun
The tissue paper disappears into the candle leaving the design visible on the candle.
This technique has been around for a long time but it's still a good one for making some simple but lovely gifts.  I may do something similar for all of my kids teachers this year.

Blessings,
Debi

Thanks so much Debi!  I love making candles this way and I love how you put the sentiment on the glass!  I will be making some of these for sure!

Please leave Debi some love and then stop by her blog to see all the other goodies she's been creating!  Have a blessed week!





DT Coordinator

8 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Debi, you are a genius! I had not thought of stamping on a votive! Clever idea to roll the glass over the stamp! I love the candle too! Such a fantastic gift idea! Blessings, Angie

LaDawn said...

Good morning Debi, one of the first things I did with my mom when she first started stamping was to stamp on the candle. I have loved this technique and use it. You did a great job. Thanks

Cheryl said...

What an amazingly simple and yet cool idea!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debi~

These are great ideas! I love how you worded this tutorial simply. I feel that I could, and will be making some of these for Christmas, for sure! This comes out beautifully. I am wondering if it is ok to burn the candle with the tissue paper and ink "in" the candle? Will you please email me with that answer. I loved this post!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

tracistarkweather@gmail.com

April said...

I am probably the only person in the world who didn't know this! Thanks so much for sharing!! I do believe I will give it a try next week!

Dawn said...

What a fabulous project!!! Genius...I would still be fighting stamping ON the glass, I'll have to remember your trick!

Cindy Lou said...

Love it! The best part of all is the sentiment is still on the glass when the candle is gone, so the candle can be replaced and the sentiment lives on! Great idea :)

Pati said...

Very cool gift & decor idea, thanks for spelling out the technique for me! I will have to try it soon, I keep saying that.