Thursday, April 5, 2012

Time With Debi!

Hello friends!  Today we we are spending time with one of the talented bread sticks... Debi Southard!  Debi has created a beautiful art piece for you.... I know you'll be inspired!  So here's Debi!  Enjoy!!!

Today I would like to share with you a little framed piece I made using "Sing to the Lord" and some of Prima's new Almanac line.  The frame is 8x8, inside the mat measures 5x5.  A perfect card like size.
 
I stamped the image multiple times with Versafine black then embossed with clear embossing powder.
 
Since I was feeling a bit lazy, instead of coloring the images I sponged on a mix of Stampin' Up! and Ranger Distress inks.  I then added a couple of highlights with Copic markers.  I then fussy cut out a couple two birds and several sets of flowers, which I then layered together to give them some dimension.
 
The verse is stamped with Versafine black, embossed with clear embossing powder then cut out with a Spellbinders oval die and layered on a Floral oval.  I layered everything together on top of some Prima Almanac designer paper and embellished with one of the matching trinkets and studs as well as some fun seam binding.  Everything is sponged with several colors of Distress inks to soften up the colors.
 
a close up of the details
I hope this inspires you to try a little bit of framed art...
what I used:
SU basic black, very vanilla
Prima Almanac designer paper, trinkets and crystals and studs
Versafine black, Ranger antique linen, brushed corduroy, vintage photo, SU cranberry crisp
clear embossing powder, sponges, Copic markers
Spellbinders and Grand Caliber
seam binding, foam tape

Thanks so much Debi!  This is a beautiful project and I know I'm inspired to go create a piece of wall art as a gift I need!  I hope you all enjoyed this!  Please leave Debi a little love here and then pop on over to her blog to see more inspiration!  Thanks for stopping by today!


Have a Blessed and Happy Easter!


13 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Debi, that is so gorgeous! Beautiful layers and look at that cut-work!!! Fabulous job!!! Blessings, Angie

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Debi..

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Absolutely breathtaking, Debi!!! If I would get a gorgeous creation like that I would hang it where I cold see it all day, every day....so very beautiful!! Love the way you sponged the bird and flowers...always have trouble coloring it, but this way I think I could handle! Thanks for sharing how you did it!!Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Alison H said...

This is beautiful, Spring is in the air, Easter is arriving, more techniques to try. Love this great way to colour; as Sabrina says thanks for sharing a new way that has to be easier. Happy Easter, wishing peace and blessings to all.

Tammy said...

Debi!!! I don't know that I can put into words how anointed and awesome of a project this is:) woo hoo Hallelujah!!! Over the top!!! be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous, Debi!!! I've never tried one of these before, but now I want to do one! Your instructions are great and make it look less intimidating than it appears it would be! The sponging on it looks fantastic and shows that coloring isn't always needed! Glad to hear you're getting better! Blessings! Kathy

Dawn said...

ooh, love it Debi! wow,lots of fussy cutting... beautiful!

buy upc code said...

Tn this card use prima almanac designer paper and embellished with one of the matching trinkets really excellent. I will try to make it. Your work id really good one.

Sandee said...

This is phenomenal Deb!!!! WOW!!!

Creatively His said...

Lovely! So very creative, love all the details!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous project Debi!! I love the dimension and your gorgeous coloring!! Beautifully done!!
hugs,
Chris

Peggysuez said...

This is gorgeous!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Debi...This is so BEAUTIFUL, Gorgeous details, fantastic cutting, and love the colours and all the bling, beautifully framed also
Hugs