Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Poppies for Mom by guest designer Cindy Coutts

Happy Tuesday all!! Welcome to another Time with our Guest Designer, Cindy Coutts!  She is going to show us a beautiful and cheerful spring creation. So enjoy!

Hi everybody. It's Cindy again. For today's card, I challenged myself to use as many different Our Daily Bread Designs products on my card as possible, from stamps to die-cuts to other items carried in the store. I ended up using 2 dies and 2 stamp sets.

I've been bragging about the deeply etched rubber that's absolutely foul-proof and while stamping these poppies, it was no different. I used black dye ink and I was really pounding it so the black would be super dark because I knew I was going to be using some dark red markers to color them in with. I originally stamped 5 because I had a different sketch in mind. Between each of them, not one time did I clean my stamp and I even left the ink on the stamp for 30 minutes while doing other stuff. Every single time I stamped my image and looked at the stamp itself, not once was the ink off of the stamp, not even on the outside. I thought for sure that it would be stained with the black dye ink when I went to clean it, but it came as perfect as new. Wow! I've used a lot of different product and that was a first. To get really neurotic on you, each Our Daily Bread Designs stamp is 1/4" thick! Yes, I measured. Between the foam and the image itself, there's a whopping 1/8"! That is 1/16" more than my other rubber stamps. Perfect image every time and I'm all about that. 

Since Mother's Day was this past weekend, I thought that I would share a card I made  for my mother-in-law. I broke out Mother's Day and the coordinating Poppy Die. I love to color so this was perfect. You can also cut the stems off of the image after die-cutting it for a totally different look making this set even more versatile. You can use it for Christmas too, so I added that element in a little bit with my designer paper. It's from a Christmas pattern pack. My poppies are layered onto a large Elegant Ovaldie made exclusively by Spellbinders for Our Daily Bread Designs with foam dots. I stamped the one of theElegant Oval Frames onto the die-cut with red ink. I love the pretty scrolls in the stamp. With these dies, you can stamp your image before or after die-cutting. Under it all, see those black/cream strips of designer paper? Those were cut with the Crocheted Border Die and layered upon each other. 






I stamped my sentiment onto a strip of red card stock and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder and snipped a "V" into it and tucked it under the label. I scattered faux pearls around the card for that visual triangle and tied a piece of cream lace into a bow and adhered it to the bottom of the stems of my poppies. In the center of the poppies, I used a mixture of silver and black glitter. The card measures 5 x 5.

It was a very easy card to put together really with just some die-cutting, stamping, and coloring. I had fun mixing and matching product lines and it all still went together seamlessly. Even with the busy background designer paper, the poppies are still the star of the show, especially with the coordinating die-cut making it a breeze to look just beautiful.

I hope that you enjoy this card.  Thank you again for having me and I'll see you in 2 weeks! God bless you!

Cindy

Thanks so much Cindy!  I hope you all have enjoyed Cindy's project and will leave her a little love here in a comment!  Then pop on over to her blog for more inspiration!   







7 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Another gorgeous card, Cindy! I love the paper you chose for the background....it really makes the red of the poppy "pop"! Looking forward to your next project!!! Hugs and blessings, Angie

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful Cindy! Those poppies really shine!

Grace said...

Such a pretty card Cindy! Love the background dp and the elegant oval frame for the poppies! Beautiful Mother's Day card!

Cards By Jan said...

Beautiful Card Cindy!! I Just love those bright red cheery poppies, one of my favorite stamp sets!!
Hugs

Karen Letchworth said...

Cindy did a great job. I just popped over to her blog to let her know.
Blessings,
Karen

Jan Marie said...

Cindy, this is just gorgeous. . love your style!! Beautiful coloring, sweet tag and great contrast!! Hugs and blessings!

Karen W said...

Great Job and so pretty!!