Thursday, May 3, 2012

Time With Jan Keen!

!
Hello friends of ODBD!  If you are looking for the Blog Hop Winners Post, please scroll down one post!

Welcome to another Time With Thursday!  Today we are spending time with our sweet and talented Challenge Team member, Jan Keen!  She is going to show us a great technique today... and it's one that I think you might want to try!  It's easy and very pretty!  So enjoy!


Hi All...Today I would like to share a new technique... Faux Stained Glass.
I chose this set Serve the Lord, because I thought it would show off the stained glass effect the best...





Here is my finished card using the technique:




Here are the supplies needed:



ODBD Stamp Set:  Serve the Lord,  and the Die
Ink: I colored 2 sets, one I used WC Markers, Pretty/Pink, Pink Pirouette, Pear, and Olive
The second I used Copics: RV04, RV25,BG 02, G28, YG17, blending on Vellum is difficult so you don't want to use many colours.
Paper: Vellum
Accessories: Heat Gun, Versamark and Black Embossing Powder.




Stamp the image on your Vellum with Versamark: 




Sprinkle Black embossing power on and set with your heat gun...



...until it is shiny black and set.



Then turn it over and color on the back: 




This is how it looks when finished, after I cut it out with the matching die, I used my black marker and went around the edges of the die cut to fill in the edges with black. I also placed a piece of white card stock behind the image, it seemed to show of the stain glass effect better.


Now that you're finished with the stain glass panel .... You can make your card with it, and have fun....


Here is my finished card:





Thanks for joining me.


Blessings and Hugs


Jan

Thanks so much Jan!  I know this is a technique I will be trying for sure!  Thanks for the instructions on how to do this faux stained glass!  I hope you all have enjoyed Jan's project and will leave her a little love here in a comment!  Then pop on over to her blog for more inspiration!   


DT Coordinator

8 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Jan, what a gorgeous card and fabulous technique!! Thanks for the instructions and tips!! Blessings! Angie

Lagene said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks so much for the tutorial!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous, Jan! I must try this! Beautifully done!

kathi17 said...

Wow, gorgeous card and technique, thanks to much for the tutorial!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful card Jan!! Your tutorial was awesome!! Love your colors and coloring.
hugs,
Chris

Jan Marie said...

Great tutorial, Jan and gorgeous card!! This looks like a really cool technique! Thanks for sharing. Blessings!

JD said...

Beautiful card...and a great job with the tutorial...Very nicely done. Definitely want to try this....Blessings, Jill

Traci S. said...

Hi Jan~

What a wonderful card! I love how your "stained glass" flowers came out!

Thank you for very clear and simple directions. It is so much easier for me to follow when they are brief for each step like you did. Thank you.

I love this look and have wondered how people have done it. Thanks for sharing something that even I can do! I think it will be used on my Mother's Day Card!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

You May Receive 1-5 Cards! Visit:
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com