Tuesday, July 3, 2012

ODBDSLC114 Continuation of our challenge- Shining the Light challenge Moves to Tuesday!!


 Note: If you are looking for the Blog Hop Winners, please scroll down one post!


Happy Tuesday Everyone!! Today is the start of our new challenge day at the Shining the Light challenge.  From now on the challenges will be posted at 8 a.m. EDT on Tuesdays.  Our Scrapbooking challenge has been discontinued for now.  Since Saturday's challenge has only been three days, we are continuing the same challenge for this week but the team is sharing new samples. We hope you enjoy them!!

Before going on to our challenge, I would like to say a big welcome to our Guest Designer: Sherry Kushibab and to announce our Scrapbook challenge winner!!  

And the winner of the Scrapbook challenge is #2 Karen Wallace. 

And now...more about Sherry!!


Introducing Sherry.... in her own words!!:

  I am follower of Christ, a wife of 31 plus years, as well as a mother to a grown son and daughter.   Crafting is something I have always done in one form or another, from sewing to scrap booking.  I was introduced to stamping and card making around 2002 when friends began inviting me to stamp parties, and I made purchases.  It occurred to me that I should probably use what was piling up in the corner of the kitchen.  So one Christmas I sat and began putting together simple sets of cards as gifts for friends and relatives (and they liked them)......I was hooked!  

     What a treat it was when I first found Our Daily Bread Design through Splitcoast stampers.  They are one of the first places I was brave enough to make a card and actually post it for a challenge.  It has brought me great joy, on several occasions, to have my cards chosen for the ‘Shining the Light’ award.  I was like a little kid in awe seeing them in person their first year at our local stamp convention in Illinois.  I remember Kelly sitting patiently showing people how to make a card, and Rick at the cash register chatting with everyone as he rang up the purchases.  I must have spent two hours touching and looking at each stamp.  It was even more fun when they invited me to help in the booth during the show they did there in 2011.  Guess I did okay because they let me help at the booth again in Georgia this year.  I am grateful they had the vision to put scripture (and some awesome images) on rubber so I could ink it up and play!!!  I am very honored to be asked to be a guest with the challenge team……they are soooo talented, and always inspire me both creatively and spiritually. 



Thanks for joining us this month Sherry!!

 


This week's challenge is a continuation from Saturday's challenge: 
This week is easy peasy...we want to see any creation with Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps


To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for thprize must be submitted by Friday, July 8th at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. 

As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants  for the  Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, July 8th at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC114.  When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.
Now on to our challenge teams inspiring creations for this challenge:
Please note the designers link, challenges used and the stamp set they used is listed under each creation. If you take a moment to leave the girls some love at their blogs, I am sure they would greatly appreciate it.

Our Guest Designer:


 Sherry Kushibab
ODBD Stamps Used: Light of the World

ODBD Stamps Used:  Scripture Collection 9
Thanks for stopping by!! We hope you will join us for this week's challenge.  We can't wait to see your creation!!


blessings,
example image

6 comments:

Grace said...

WooHoo!!! Welcome to Sherry! Fabulous sample for sure!!! Loving the move to Tues. and loving all the DT samples!!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Welcome, Sherry!!! Wow, your debut project as Guest Designer is fabulous!!! Gorgeous samples from the other gals too....you are all the bestest!! Blessings, Angie

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

W E L C O M E, Sherry!!! I am super excited that you are going to join us for the next month!! I am a HUGE fan of yours and love your creation! The sample you have created for today is amazing...LOVE it! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

kathi17 said...

Congratulations Sherry for being chosen as Guest Designer. All of your work is beautiful!

I'm sorry I didn't get to comment on everyone's creations this week, because the grandchildren have been here, but everyone's cards (both the design team's and the challenge submissions), are gorgeous!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Love what everyone shared here and so happy to play for the very first time. I finally own a ODB stamp! Yay for me! Lol. This really was a labour of love and so enjoyed making my card using your stamp.

Dorothy S said...

Thanks for another great challenge and, as usual, the lovely samples. How is the double entry taken care of?