Monday, July 30, 2012

Techniques, Tutorials, & Tips - Sponged Clouds Video Tutorial!

Hi everyone!  This week we have a fun tutorial for you.....how to create clouds using sponges and ink!  Though this may be old news to some, I have received comments of late about this topic, so I made a quick little video to show how I do it......I am definitely not the best at it, but after seeing the process, you will be able to use the info to create your own style.  Please enjoy the 3 minute video below:

         

As I mentioned in the video, if you do not have a cloud template, you can create your own from a scalloped circle, torn paper, shape your own scratch paper with scissors or craft knife, and so on.

Here is a copy of the bookmark which was shown in the video.......once again, after cutting out the "Bookmarks - Trees" stamp with the ODBD Exclusive Spellbinders "Bookmark" die (both stamp set and dies will be released August 1st), the bookmark remained in the die while the clouds were sponged......this leaves the outside edge of the cardstock un-inked for a matted look.
   Our Daily Bread designs "Bookmarks-Trees" Designer Angie Crockett Here is another sample (featuring the Apple Seeds single stamp and Memory Box cutting dies) which shows how sponging clouds really makes a scene come to life:
                       Our Daily Bread designs "Apple Seeds" Designer Angie Crockett
Here is one more sample from the new "Bookmarks-Tree" set, which will be released on August 1st.  The sponged clouds within the oval coordinates with the designer paper background.

Bookmark Sneak PeekOur Daily Bread designs "Bookmarks-Trees" Designer Angie Crockett
Thanks so much for hanging out with me today!  I can't wait to see your sponged clouds!  Have fun and God bless!!  

Our Daily Bread designs Designer and Blog Writer Angie Crockett
Blog Writer

4 comments:

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Angie, my friend, you have done it again! WOW, what an awesome tutorial! I seriously have been struggling with my clouds, but with this video I think I will be able to make them look real! Thanks for all of your hard work to put this tutorial together! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

JD said...

Great tutorial, thank you for sharing.

Grace said...

Great tutorial Angie... and beautiful samples!!!
hugs,
Grace

Robyn said...

Lovely dear one! Your work is so beautiful!