Thursday, August 9, 2012

Time With Angie!

Hello friends of ODBD!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful week!  Today it is our privilege to spend time with our own talented and so sweet Angie!  I know she will inspire you with her creative project!  So here's Angie!

Hi everyone!!  Angie here to share another project which began in the Target $1 Spot!  I was super excited to see these silver frames a few months ago for a dollar each, so I bought three of them......I wish now that I would have grabbed more!

Here are some of the products I will be using:
"Faith, Hope, & Love" stamp set by Our Daily Bread designs;
Bo Bunny "Welcome Home" 6x6 designer paper pad;
Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles cutting die;
Spellbinders Mega Oval die;
Xyron Sticker Maker (not shown);
Three frames purchased at Target.

Our Daily Bread designs "Faith, Hope, Love" Designer Angie Crockett
When designing framed gifts, the hard part is the planning....you first much choose papers, die cuts, stamps, etc., plus....is there enough room behind the glass to add popped up elements? Since this frame had no "pop up" room, all of my layers were adhered one after the other, so I created the dimension I wanted by using several mats.
Our Daily Bread designs "Faith, Hope, Love" Designer Angie Crockett
Each of the three words from the "Faith, Hope, & Love" stamp set were stamped onto one piece of white vellum, with enough space in between for the oval die to fit.
Our Daily Bread designs "Faith, Hope, Love" Designer Angie Crockett
Since most inks do not dry fast on vellum, I was able to stamp each one and then pour Ranger Clear Embossing Powder over the ink.
Our Daily Bread designs "Faith, Hope, Love" Designer Angie Crockett
After adding clear embossing powder, each image was heated with my heat tool to turn the powder to a rubber-like, permanent finish.
Our Daily Bread designs "Faith, Hope, Love" Designer Angie Crockett
Once each image was stamped and clear embossed, I place the Mega Oval die over them one at a time, centered the die, added scotch tape to the outside to hold it in place, then ran it through my die cut machine.
Our Daily Bread designs "Faith, Hope, Love" Designer Angie Crockett
After all three ovals were cut, I trimmed the edges of the vellum by hand (on the embossed line from the die), I used my Xyron Sticker Maker to create a solid sticky backing for each.  When using vellum, I don't like the adhesive marks to show through, even if you use vellum adhesive, so making a sticker out of each piece is my preference.
Our Daily Bread designs "Faith, Hope, Love" Designer Angie Crockett
Each "sticker" was peeled off of the backing sheet and adhered to the ovals cut from the designer paper.  The same sized die was used for the designer paper and the vellum, which is why I trimmed the vellum ovals by hand, to create a matted look.
Our Daily Bread designs "Faith, Hope, Love" Designer Angie Crockett
This is a close-up view of one of the finished frames.  I wasn't able to get quality photos for the finished pieces, due to the glare on the silver frame and glass, but you can click on the photo for a closer look if you like. 
Our Daily Bread designs "Faith, Hope, Love" Designer Angie Crockett
Here are all three together.  These will likely find a home on the walls in  my bedroom since it's mostly light blue.
Our Daily Bread designs "Faith, Hope, Love" Designer Angie Crockett
Thanks for hanging out with me today! Make sure you stop by the $1 Spot at your local Target store....you never know what gems you might find!! :)

Thanks so much Angie!  What a beautiful set to hang on the wall... and a great reminder of God's priorities as well!  I know this will inspire our guests to try some home decor pieces themselves!!!

Please leave Angie some love here, and then visit her blog to see some incredible work from our sweetheart herself!

Thanks for spending some time with us today, and be blessed!

DT Coordinator

18 comments:

Sandee said...

Angella these are sooo beautiful!!! I love the colors you used and I know they will look perfect on your wall!!! TFS!!!

kathi17 said...

Those are so beautiful Angie. It's so much fun to use our stamps for either home decor, or on other gifts. I think we forget how many other things we can make with our beautiful ODBD stamps besides cards. Thank you so much for the reminder and showing us such a beautiful project!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Angie, girl, gorgeous project! I am with Sandee, those colors are awesome! Hey, if they for some reason will not look right in your house, I have a spot on my wall (WINK) . Thanks so much for putting together this fabulous project and thanks also for the trick with the sticker machine. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Mary said...

These are so beautiful Angie! This would be a great idea for a wedding gift as well. You come up with some creative ideas. I love tthis stamp set. Its so versatile. Awsome idea. Thanks for sharing.

Marlena M. said...

This is a beautiful idea Angie!

Betty Wright said...

Angie, this is beautiful! Love the soft colors you chose, too. The silver and the blue look so regal together. Wonderful ensemble!

Auntie Em said...

What a lovely set! Great tutorial.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Absolutely gorgeous Angie!! I just love the embossing and your tutorial is awesome!! Perfect choice of colors and design!! You are always an inspiration!!
hugs,
Chris

Linda said...

Wow, these are great. It's amazing what a $1 frame will do for some already fabulous artwork. Love them all. Linda E.

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Angie...these are absolutely Gorgeous...and would look very nice on my bedroom wall too, which is also in blues!!
hugs

Sarah said...

Angie, your artwork is gorgeous! Love the colors, very elegant! Hugs

Rea' said...

So BEAUTIFUL !!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow those frames are Gorgeous, you would have never known they started out in the $ section of Target :) Great tip on using the Xyron for the vellum!

Kathy said...

Angie, these are stunning!!! What a beautiful collection for your wall! Fantastic tutorial too, can't wait to try this out! Blessings! Kathy

Pati said...

Very pretty Angie!

Robyn said...

I may be a little late in saying so, but, my bedroom is not blue. But your work is always wonderful, and this project is no exception! My niece called me last week, she is looking for a punch for her dorm wall. Now, while I dont think this well fit, IT IS a great jumping off place for me! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy said...

Wow this is gorgeous. I would never have thought to do that with a frame. Dollar bins here I come!

Kelley said...

WOW!! This project is so beautiful! Great idea, so creative!!