Thursday, September 6, 2012

Time With Chris! Heart Box Tutorial

Hello friends!  I hope your week is going great, and that you are ready to spend some super  fun time with our most talented and sweet Chris Olsen!  She makes some of the prettiest boxes and containers... and she has a fun one to show you today!  Sit back and enjoy... and then why not try one yourself!

Hello friends!!   It is Chris and it is my honor and privilege to share a project and tutorial with you today!!

 Before moving into our new home, I had made a few heart gift boxes and shared them on my personal blog. I had several requests from my blog viewers asking for a tutorial on how to make them.  So today.....several months later....is a tutorial.




Materials:
-1 piece of 12x12 solid cardstock (mine is black)
- 2 different pieces of 6x6 designer paper (1 piece for layering on each side and 1 for the lining on the inside of the heart box)
-Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Hearts (you will need the largest classic and scalloped dies for the actual box...I used several for decorating as well)
-12x12 cutter and scorer
- 1/4" scoretape
-scissor

optional:
 Bo Bunny - Home and SEI dp. 
 Our Daily Bread Designs- Be Joyful stamp set
 copics (Booo, Boo,  Bo1, Bo2, Bo4, YG91, YG93, G94)
 Gold Flowersoft  and Flowersoft glue




Steps:

1. For the purpose of this tutorial, I already precut 2 of the largest scalloped hearts and a 2"x9 1/2" out of the solid card stock and 4 hearts using the largest classic heart (2 from each piece of the 6x6" sheets of designer papers).


2. Score the 2 x 9 1/2" piece of cardstock and 1/4 inch from each long side.



3. Apply Scor-tape to each of the 1/4" scored edges.


4.Cut slits on the scor-tape approximately 1/4 inch apart all the way across on each side.

Since a heart can't sit on it's point, I make the box sit on it's side.

5.  Peel off the scoretape and adhere one side of the scored strip to the wrong side of the "Lining".

6.  Do the same thing with the other side of the scored rectangular strip.  The wrong side should be pointing out. 
hint: This side is more tricky to line up so I begin adhering at the point of the heart starting with the middle of my strip.  You may want to peel off half of the tape at a time and adhere to the heart.



7. Adhere the decorative layer of dp to each of the scalloped card stock hearts.


8.  Adhere each of the card stock scalloped hearts to the heart "frame" you have created to complete the heart box "shell".




9. Decorate as desired.








I used Bo Bunny - Home and SEI dp.  The sentiment and image is from Our Daily Bread Designs- Be Joyful stamp set. The image was colored with copics (Booo, Boo,  Bo1, Bo2, Bo4, YG91, YG93, G94).  Gold flowersoft was added to the centers.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and are in some way inspired by my project.  God bless you!!

~Chris

Thank you soooo much Chris!  I have a feeling the everyone is inspired to go create one of these right now!  I love these for Valentines Day... but  really  for ANY occasion!  Thanks for a great tutorial!

Please leave Chris a little love here, and then pop on over to her blog to see what else she's been up to lately!  You will never be disappointed there!

Hugs and Bleessings, 
 


DT Coordinator

19 comments:

sassy said...

stunning work...love boxes tooo ..sassyx

kathi17 said...

Thanks for the wonderful tutorial. It's a beautiful box Chris!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Chris, thank you so much for the tutorial!!! What a gorgeous treat box! Now that I have a visual of how it's done, I see so many possibilities! Thank you for the inspiration! Mwaaaah!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Chris, oh my goodness, girl!! This is such an amazing box...I am speechless!! Looks like it is easy to make. thanks to your tutorial and just like Angie said, so many possibilities! TFS this BEAUTY!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Becky said...

This is beautiful Chris! What a great idea, I'll have to try this one :)

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Chris this is amazing!!! Thank you so much for the tutorial! Now I feel inspired to try out a box for myself!!!!

Betty Wright said...

Chris, this is wonderful! Love the love and the Lindor chocolates! Awesome tutorial!

Cards By Jan said...

Thanks so much Chris...what an awesome pretty box, and awesome tutorial...I will be sure to try one of these beautiful boxes!!
Hugs

Karen W said...

This is gorgeous and a lot of work, beautifully done and thanks for the tutorial!

Dawn said...

beautiful, and a fabulous tutorial to boot! thanks Chris!!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Wow, that is beautiful and you put some real work in on it...but I think it would be worth the try. Great tutorial, adding this to my list of want to makes. Hugs.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.