Thursday, November 15, 2012

Time With... Jan!!!

Hello friends!!!  I hope your November is off to a great start!  I know mine seems to be flying by!  I do hope that this year, we can avoid the hustle and bustle of the holiday seasons and take time to focus on the blessings our Lord has so bountifully heaped upon us!

To get you in the mood to get some Christmas cards created, today we are spending time with our talented and ever so sweet Jan Keen.  She has a great technique to share with you that I think you will agree is just beautiful.... so sit back and enjoy...

Faux Marble Tutorial

Hi Everyone I have real easy tutorial on Faux marble Backgrounds .  It can be done in any colour combination desired!


Step One: 

These are the items Needed:

White CS, 
3 colours of ink..I used Tim Holyz Distress, of Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood, and & Stormy Sky.
Inkssentials Sponging brush, (I have a magnet on mine to hang on my canning shelf, in front of my work table)

Step 2

 
 Scrunch your little piece of white card stock all up....like your going to make a ball for the cat to play with...lol

Step 3


Then I smooth it out a bit...like this...and...

 Step 4 
 

Then I start adding the distress inks in a swirlly motion with the sponge brush....I started here with the lightest....






and added more




 Until I got the desired effect of what I liked....One can add more or less, two colours, 3 or more...play with it...its fun...

Step 5

 Then I lay the paper face down on a piece scrap paper, and iron it flat....

 This is the result...and from here you can make your card...and decorate with it as you please.....


This is the card I made with my Faux marble BG










 
This is the ODBD Set I chose to use: Warm Wishes



Now its your turn to come and play...and have fun trying this tutorial!!


Thanks so much Jan!  Your faux marble technique is really a beautiful effect and could be used for so many different projects!  I know our readers will enjoy playing with this!

Please leave Jan some love and pop on over to her blog to see some of her other beautiful creations!

DT Coordinator

10 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Ooooh, I LOVE it!!! Thanks so much for the instructions, Jan! I can't wait to try this!! Your card is beautiful too!! HUGS!!!

Caroline said...

I love this thanks for the tutorial. Caroline xxx

Laura Love said...

What a cool background technique and such an adorable card!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful technique, and your card is so sweet, thanks for sharing!

Dawn said...

Wonderful technique, Jan, thanks!! Your card is so cute!!!

Kathy said...

Wow, Jan, this comes out gorgeous and a fun & easy technique too! Blessings! Kathy

Pattie J. said...

WOW! this is a stunning winter scene. and encouragement to try something new as well. I love the effect of the Faux marble. thanks for the tutorial as well for us visual learners. ...have a good day..... smiles and hugs.

Lucy said...

Great instructions-and such an easy technique to add to a background! TFS!

Sabrina said...

That looks like a cool technique - I'm always happy to find different ways of using distress inks.

Saints Rule! said...

Fabulous technique!