Thursday, December 27, 2012

Time With Kathy Roney!

 Hello friends!  With Christmas over, I think many of us are starting to want to get in to our creative spaces and see what we can whip up!  Today, we are spending time with our talented Kathy Roney!  She has one incredibly creative mind, and I think you'll enjoy her project today!  Here's Kathy:

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!  Today I will be showing you how to make a wall hanging using Our Daily Bread Designs stamps and Spellbinders dies and embossing folders.




Here is a list of the supplies I used on my project:

Stamps: Love One Another (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Eva Designer Paper (Basic Grey), burgandy cardstock
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Perfect Plumeria (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Regal M-Bossabilities, Labels 1, Labels 1 Grand, Decorative Labels 1, Parisian Accents, Grand Calibur Machine (Spellbinders), Crop-A-Dial, embellishments, recycled cardboard, Prismacolor Pencils, mineral spirits, bead caps


First, you want to stamp your image and verse on white paper.  I use Solar White Paper and VersaFine Ink for the best results when I use my Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits to color the image.




Here's the image colored.   Then trim around the image so you can pop it up onto the verse die cut. I also sponged Perfect Plum on the edge of the image which you can see in another photo.  Cut the verse with Labels 1 die as shown here.


Cut one piece each of cardboard and burgandy paper using Labels 1 Grand.


Cut a piece of pink designer paper with the same die, then emboss it with the Regal embossing folder and ink the edges with the Perfect Plumeria.



Glue pieces together as shown for the wall hanging base.  I used Tombow Liquid Glue making sure to have the edges glued well.  Ink edges with the Perfect Plumeria to cover the cardboard.


Cut a piece of the burgandy cardstock with Decorative Labels 1. 


Add this to the base with pop dots.  Glue the verse piece to the burgandy.  Ink the edges of the heart image and then add with pop dots above the verse.


Punch 2 holes on the top of the base using the Crop-A-Dial as shown here.

 Thread ribbon through front of holes and knot.  Embellish as desired.



Use bead covers to cover the knots on front.  Add adhesive pearls to the covers.



Thats my project for today!  I hope you find this useful in making gifts for others.  I think this would be pretty for Valentine's Day or for a wedding gift!

Kathy


Thank you so much Kathy!  I really love this beautiful wall hanging!  With Valentine's Day right around the corner, this would make a wonderful gift!  Hmmm... my daughter is celebrating an anniversary in a few days...

Please leave a little love for Kathy here, and then pop on over to her blog to see more of her incredible work!  She is one talented lady! 

Until next time... be Blessed!


13 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Kathy!!! What a fabulous idea! Super gorgeous! (Watch out...MBL just may ask for this one! lol!!) Blessings, Angie

Anonymous said...

Kathy, WOW...WOW...WOW! This is absolutely beautiful! I like making items like this for family and friends on special occasions. I think I will defintely be making this one. What talent you have!

Love In Christ,
Veronica

Christine Cartes said...

Thank you for this projet. It's very beautifull. Good day.

Dawn said...

What a beautiful project, Kathy! TFS!!

Karen W said...

Gorgeous and one I think I can handle doing!! This is fabulous!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Kathy!! This is awesome...love the pretty colours, and style!!
Hugs

Sarah said...

Kathy, your projects are always so gorgeous and this one is no exception! Simply awesome! Hugs

Robyn said...

very, very pretty! I think I would like to try this for the college doors of my nieces!

Sabrina said...

I just love the idea of using the bead-caps and pearls to make such a pretty decorative feature of the knots - instead of having them at the back as I would have done. That's definitely an idea to remember! Thank you.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Very pretty. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

Jan Marie said...

What a great project, Kathy! So very beautiful and such thorough and easy to follow instructions!! Love it! Blessings!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Beautiful Kathy!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful wall hanging, sweet hearts and love the embossed background!