Thursday, January 24, 2013

Time With Sandee!!!

Hello friends of ODBD!  I hope your week is going splendidly, and that you are are basking in the love of our Savior!  Speaking of love... Valentines Day is just around the corner, and our sweet Sandee has a wonderful Love themed project for you today!  I think you're going to love it!!!  Here's Sandee:

Good morning! Sandee here and I am sharing a Valentine with you today!  
I used the Faith, Hope & Love Bookmarks set and the Words of Faith set.
Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Faith, Hope & Love, Words of Faith, designed by Sandee Shanabrough
 
 
 Here are most of the elements before I assembled them:

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Faith, Hope & Love, Words of Faith, designed by Sandee Shanabrough

 I save chipboard from packaging just for these types of projects.  I used Spellbinders Hearts and Scalloped Hearts to cut the chipboard and pretty papers from My Mind's Eye.  I also used the Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms dies and a tiny Lacy Oval die.  A touch of lace, a few pearls and a bow made with some mesh netting are a few more of the things I used.

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Faith, Hope & Love, Words of Faith, designed by Sandee Shanabrough

I stamped the large LOVE in pink ink and then with brown ink for a shadowed look.  After adhering all the papers to the chipboard hearts, I sponged the edges and attached them together leaving a space at the top for a pocket.   And that's when I decided I wanted to add the wire for hanging!  

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Faith, Hope & Love, Words of Faith, designed by Sandee Shanabrough

 And extra mesh around the flowers, and a button and
 a cute little crochet thread bow made with Becca's Peg Bow Maker!

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Faith, Hope & Love, Words of Faith, designed by Sandee Shanabrough

Sometimes I don't know when to stop adding stuff!!

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Faith, Hope & Love, Words of Faith, designed by Sandee Shanabrough

 The smaller heart has a seam binding 'pull' and is left blank for a handwritten personal message.  

Here is how the back looks:


 And that's it!  
This was a fun little project and really wasn't hard to do.  
Except for the wire.  I'm not good with wire!!!  LOL!!!  
Thanks so much for stopping by!


Thanks soooo much Sandee!  This is a super sweet valentine and one I know anyone would be thrilled to receive!  I know you have inspired me, and I know our readers will be inspired as well!

Please leave Sandee some love here and then pop on over to her blog to see what else she's been up to... you won't be disappointed!

Until next time....
Blessings,


 DT Coordinator


15 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Sandee girl, this is incredible!!!! Love all of the scrumptious papers and goodies you've used! You are da-bomb!!

TLady said...

This is SOOOOO PRETTY Sandee! You've INSPIRED ME!!!!!!!! :) You could even add a few little Valentine Candies to this too! :) THANKS for showing us!!!!!!!!! :)

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Sweet, sweet, Sandee, you have done it again!! What an amazing project and so much wonderful detail! I am going to make some of these for my girls for Valentine's Day. ;D Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Dawn said...

oooh, gorgeous, Sandee!!

sandee said...

Oh this is adorable! I love the fact that you have a pull out heart to write something special on! waving hi from the hills ofNorth Carolina ♥

Abigail Johnson said...

I could fall in love with valentine day all over again with this pretty project.

Diana Nguyen said...

So pretty and love all the pinks!

judy mathena said...

very cute, love it

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love all the lace and pretty flowers, like the background!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful and so romantic, Sandee! Such a lovely Valentine!

Lucy said...

Beautiful valentine!

Kathy said...

Beautiful, Sandee! So feminine and frilly! Blessings! Kathy

Donna Ellis said...

Grace, a beautiful Valentine - so pretty with the traditional colors and music theme. Love all the details which make your project so romantic. Thank you for visiting my blog today and leaving such a sweet comment! hugs, de

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so feminine and beautiful Sandee!! Love all the texture and frills!!
hugs,
Chris

Cards By Jan said...

Wow GORGEOUS Sandee....I love all the details & frills of your piece...thanks for the tutorial!!
Hugs