Thursday, February 21, 2013

Time for some art work with......Angie!

Hello friends of ODBD!  I hope you are having a wonderful week and that you are ready for a beautiful springy home decor project today, brought to you by our talented and so sweet Angie!  Angie is so good at doing tutorials so I need say no more.... just relax and enjoy her beautiful art project!

Hi, everyone!  I have a very inexpensive gift idea to share with you today.  Wherever I shop, I am always on the look-out for clearance items to turn into projects or gifts at a later time.  I recently found four 4x6 white frames at Target and I knew exactly what I wanted to make with them!

Our Daily Bread designs has such a wide variety of beautiful floral stamps, whether in sets or singles, so I picked out all of the ones which would be a good fit for the 4x6 frames, then narrowed it down to the four which were similar in size.  To frame my flowers, I decided on Fancy Labels and the coordinating Spellbinders Labels Seventeen set, plus a Cheery Lynn Designs Lattice Die for the background.  I chose an amethyst textured cardstock and navy ink for the Fancy Label stamp.

ODBD "Fancy Labels", "Easter Blessings", "Let The Earth Rejoice", "Don't Worry", "Bleeding Heart", "Daisy", "Lilac", "Earth's Gladdest Day"

The photo above tells a pretty simple story.  The Cheery Lynn Designs Lattice panel was cut down to size and adhered to the amethyst cardstock; The Fancy Labels (largest stamp) was stamped on white, then cut out with the Spellbinders Labels 17 die and adhered over the lattice panel.  Once I chose my flowers, I colored them with sponge daubers and markers, fussy cut them out, then popped them up with foam tape over the top panel.  A simple satin bow was added for the finishing touch.....and that's it!!  I thought about adding lots of pearls, but decided I liked the clean look instead.

ODBD "Fancy Labels", "Easter Blessings", "Let The Earth Rejoice", "Don't Worry", "Lilac" Designer Angie Crockett

It was difficult to capture the true colors in the ensemble photo above, so I have photographed them each separately as well.  Move your mouse over each photo below to find which stamps were used.  Click on the photos if you would like a close-up view.

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Let the Earth Rejoice, designed by Angie Crockett
ODBD "Don't Worry" Designer Angie Crockett
ODBD "Lilac Single" Designer Angie Crockett
ODBD "Easter Blessings" Designer Angie Crockett
Supplies used:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs "Fancy Labels", "Let The Earth Rejoice", "Don't Worry", "Lilac Single", and "Easter Blessings";
Dies: Spellbinders Labels 17, Cheery Lynn Designs "Lattice";
Accessories: Craft Knife, May Arts Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy.

Thanks for hanging out with me today!  Hope you enjoyed the post!!!

Thanks soooo much Angie!  What a beautiful grouping of art for any wall... in our homes or as gifts!  Who wouldn't love to receive this as a gift!!!  

Please leave Angie some love here, and pop on over to her blog to see some of her other beautiful work!  She never fails to inspire us all!

Blessings,




21 comments:

Dawn said...

simply beautiful, Ang!! thanks for the ideas!!!

Regina Hamilton said...

Beautiful home decor project.

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL JOB ANGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOOOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)AND SO EASY TOO!!!!!! :)

Kathy said...

Beautiful gift, Angie, and easy to do! Blessings! Kathy

Judy McMullen said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, Angie!! You truly are an inspiration!!!

scrappingnana said...

Wow Angie, these are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Becky Dunham said...

These are so lovely Angie! They say SPRING IS HERE! I wish it were so :) Thanks for the tutorial! I could use some spring in my home!

Marlena M. said...

BEAUTIFUL work Angie!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Angie, girl, what a stunning gift this would make! I absolutely love these frames and the images you chose! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Natalie said...

Wow! Gorgeous work, Angie!

Gloria Stengel said...

This is a lot of fussy cutting my dear! Wowza! So pretty!

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic grouping Angie, it looks just Lovely, the soft colors are so pretty, such a wonderful idea!!

kathi17 said...

These are really beautiful Angie. You are so talented!

Brenda (LadyofCards) said...

Angie, these wall hangings are just beautiful. What a beautiful gift to give to someone ("just because").
Thank you again for sharing with us.

Hugs 'N Blessings

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an absolutely gorgeous ensemble Angie!! I just love your colors, your use of stamps, and your monochromatic color scheme. Gorgeous work and tutorial my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Cards By Jan said...

Angie...these are GORGEOUS!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Sparkly Engineer said...

This is so pretty and reminds me of a set of prints my mom used to have. I think I will have to do a version of this for my house.

Sarah said...

Angie, these are so awesome! Love the serene color scheme! Thanks for the tutorial.

Sabrina said...

What a beautiful set of pictures, Angie. I love the blue tones in them, very soothing and peaceful.

Kelley said...

Ang, this is over the top AWESOME!! I should call you Angie Scissorhands!!