Thursday, May 30, 2013

Time With Dawn and some night lights!

Hello friends of ODBD!  I'm excited to be spending some time with our super talented Dawn Lusk.  Dawn has created the cutest little night light gifts ever!  I know you'll want to consider this idea for all the new babies or little girls and boys in your life!  Enjoy... here's Dawn. 

Hi friends! Dawn here, with a fun project and peek at some of what's coming
SATURDAY from Our Daily Bread designs!!
These night lights would make a great baby shower gift, new baby, or just for a child's room!

 A friend's daughter just had a baby girl and will be decorating her room in grey and purple.
I made this for little Emma!

This is Precious Girl, and one of the prayers from Children's Prayer
along with one of my favorite backgrounds, Gingham Background!
 And... Precious Boy with the other prayer from Children's Prayer
and Gingham Background again!
Another friend's daughter recently had a little boy, Elias will get this one!

Here are the supplies you'll need

Pat Catan's carries these Darice night lights

My ODBD dies of choice were Elegant Ovals , Antique Labels and Border, and for the 'moon', Recipe Card and Tags

To make a template for my shade, I used the plastic packaging from the night light, trimming to the shape of the shade with tabs to wrap around the backside of the frame.
I traced the plastic onto a piece of scratch paper to make it easier
to trace onto my Gingham stamped background.
 Here, you can see how those tabs wrap around the back of the frame.
I just put several strips of Scor Tape on the tabs.
I also used the Scor Tape for the cording trim.
I thought the pj's and nightgown would be cute paper pieced!
One on the bias and one straight.
The base images were colored with Copics.

All that was left was the fun of putting it all together!
Assemble flat then attach tabs to back as shown above.


I stamped another moon, cut it out, popped it up
and added some Stickles to it and the stars

 Of course, Emma's had to be girly!
I added some Petaloo Mulberry flowers, shimmery ribbon and trim.
I also used Spellbinders Gold Labels 4 to make a frame.

I hope I've inspired you to give one of these a try!
I can't wait to give them to the mommies!

Dawn

Thanks ever so much Dawn!  I know I have made these shade covers before too, and they are really easy to do, and make such a special gift or home decor item for your own home!  I just think these would be darling in any child's room or nursery!  I hope you'll give it a try!  Please leave Dawn some love here, and be sure to pop on over to her blog to see what else she's been up to! 

Thanks for stopping by today and spending time with us.... and we hope you will be back June 1 for our next release and blog hop!!!

Blessings,

DT Coordinator

13 comments:

TLady said...

FABULOUS IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I looked for the CHILDREN'S PRAYER but couldn't find it! I looked under Children & Prayers! :( LOVE this idea!!!!! :)

Angella D. Crockett said...

Such a clever idea!!! They are both so beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration, Dawn!!! HUGS!!

Becky said...

This is fabulous Dawn. I just love these darling images.

Cathymac said...

What a great idea, Dawn! I can't wait to try this for a baby shower coming up soon! Thanks for your very clear directions!

Jannifer Brumbelow said...

These are so sweet. Anyone with a baby would love to have this nitelight. Thanks for sharing and the great idea.

Conniecrafter said...

that is just too adorable, perfect background for it too and pretty framing of the prayer and sentiment, the little girl and boy are just so sweet, terrific gift idea!

Judy McMullen said...

What an adorable child's nightlight! Thanks for sharing, Dawn!!

Beth Norman said...

What a darling idea. The stamps are perfect.

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Dawn...AWESOME...love your idea, and excellent tutorial!!
TFS...Hugs

Mary Friederichsen said...

These are adorable Dawn! Thank you so much for the inspiration and sharing!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Oh my these are absolutely adorable.

Ann Marie said...

All I can say is "Wow!"

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are just darling, Dawn! So cute and perfect for a child's room.