Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Welcome to our June Blog Guest Designer....Lee Ann Barrett!!

Please welcome Lee Ann Barrett this month as our June Blog Guest Designer! You can visit Lee Ann's blog, Greyt Paper Crafts, for more inspiration!

Hi! My name is Lee Ann Barrett. I live in St Louis with my 21 year old son and a devoted Greyhound named Bella. I have been a crafter as long as I can remember. Over the years, I have done everything from crosstitch to quilting. Nineteen ago I started scrapbooking and I have about 30 albums to prove it!

I was introduced to stamping a few years back. Stamping/cardmaking didn't start taking over my life until about 2 years ago. Certain beautiful cards started standing out in the SCS gallery; one card in particular, made my Angella Crockett, finally pushed me to look into this company called Our Daily Bread Designs. I was making cards for Operation Write Home at that time, and I just had to have the The Old Flag Background stamp. Now I am happy to say I have many ODBD stamps in my collection!

I will try just about any style of stamping/cardmaking but I particularly enjoy fussy cutting and enjoy learning new techniques. Currently, I am enjoying learning to work with Prismacolor pencils and watercolor pencils. 

When I am not cutting paper or getting inky, I am a school nurse. I also enjoy traveling, photography and interior design on the cheap! I look forward to getting inky for Our Daily Bread Designs!



Lee Ann's first card for us is so beautiful! The cross image and verse are from the Never Give Up stamp set.


Lee Ann also used the Antique Label Designs stamp set and the matching Antique Label & Border Dies.



Lee Ann has some additional instruction for her card:
I stamped my cross image in Stazon Brown ink on clear cardstock.  I colored the image with Sharpie markers on the back side of the image.  Then I stamped the cross in brown ink on white cardstock. I layered the clear cardtock on top of the white cardstock and used dimensionals to adhere one to the other.  I then cut a frame ( 1/4" all around) from brown cardstock and ran it through a woodgrain embossing folder.  I adhered this over the clear cardstock image using dimensionals.  The entire image piece was then matted onto a piece of designer paper, followed by brown cardstock, followed by teal cardstock.  At this point my mats were longer than my framed image; I cut an additional piece of brown cardstock, embossed it with the woodgrain embossing folder, and adhered it just below the framed image.  You can see the slight gap in the photo. I stamped a label in Stazon Brown on dp and then die cut it out with the matching die.  I added a sentiment from the "Never Give Up" set to the label. To embellish, I added flourishes, pearls and twine.

Thank you, Lee Ann for sharing your card with us! Come back next week for another card with Lee Ann!

Blessings,
Kelley

11 comments:

Nancy Wethington said...

Hi Leann! So happy to see you as a guest blogger. This card is beautiful. Bring it in to For Keeps Sake so we can see it in person!

Marlena M. said...

BEAUTIFUL creation Lee Ann!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Welcome, LeeAnn!!! Woo hoo!!! The very first ODBD card you posted (with the gorgeous lotus flower) reeled me in and I've been a huge fan of your work ever since. I'm so happy that you are guest designing this month! Your card this week is so gorgeous....I love the vivid colors!!! Can't wait to see what you will have for us next week! HUGS!!!

TLady said...

WOW!!!! THIS is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! LOOOOOVE the color you've added to the cross!!!! ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Conniecrafter said...

Love the wonderful colors you have brought to the cross, neat framing of the sentiment and love your flourish and pearl combo!

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful work. So bright and colourful, just the way I like.

Bernadette Roberto Shisler said...

Beautiful card, Lee Ann! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Karen W said...

Wonderful card and and congrats on being June's designer.

Cathymac said...

Oh WOW, Lee Ann...our paths are crossing again! So glad you will be designing for ODBD this month! Your work is awesome and I am looking forward to seeing your talent displayed here! Your card today is gorgeous....love the colors and the precise attention to detail! Hugs!

Grace said...

Oh how beautiful Lee Ann!!! I love the rich tones and all the little details you used!!! So happy to have you joining us!!! Looking forward to your beautiful creations with ODBD stamps!!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies! I am so excited to be here!