Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Week 1 with our Customer Guest Designer Clare Curcio




We would like to welcome Clare Curcio as our July Customer Guest Designer. Clare will be sharing her ODBD creations with us each Wednesday, during the month of July!
Hi, my name is Clare Curcio, I was born in Denver, Colorado, to very crafty parents,who graciously passed that crafty gene to me, but none of my siblings.  I am a child of God, wife, mother of three grown children, and grandmother to six.  I started sewing, beading, cooking and ceramics when very little.  My grandmother showed me how to crochet when I was five.  My mother always let me help in the kitchen with baking, and I took up beading all by myself, and designed a beading loom that my dad produced one of, just for me, which produced some American Indian style loom jewelry. 

I've worn many crafty hats, but my favorite is the stamping/card-making/scrapping hat I wear the most.  I've been scrapping only 25 years, and card-making 13 of those.  A friend got me hooked by asking me to go to a stamping party with her.  My husband has been great in making me a room dedicated to the craft and all the others, too. 

I am a semi-retired dog groomer, and miss doing that because of several shoulder surgeries.  I'm just blessed that I can "play" in my craft room whenever I want, and groom a "Fifi" here and there for my friends.  Traveling is something I'd like to do more of, but then that takes time away from crafting! Click here to visit Clare's Blog.

Clare's lovely card uses the beautiful ODBD Blushing Rose Paper Collection along with the Cherry Blossom and Vine Borders stamp sets.



For more details on how Clare created her card, please visit her blog post here.   

Thank you for visiting with our Customer Guest Designer this week.  I'll be back next Wednesday with another ODBD card from Clare!

Blessings,





12 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Welcome to the Breadbasket!! Your debut as Guest Designer is a home run!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!! Your hand-made flower is icing on the ODBD cake!! :) HUGS!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Claire, welcome as Guest Designer this month! Your card is beautiful, and I love the papers you chose! They are definitely my favorite, and your Scripture verse inside the Vine Border is beautiful with your gorgeous rose! Hugs!

DebR said...

This is so beautifully done. Very pretty!

Pamela Haskin said...

So nice to meet you, Clare. This is a lovely card. Looking forward to all you have to share with us.

Becky said...

This is beautiful Clare. Love the design paper.

Conniecrafter said...

Absolutely Lovely!!

Kelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelley said...

So elegant! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us, Clare!!

laughingstamper said...

Welcome Clare, you project is so pretty and elegant!!!

Grace said...

Oh Clare... your card is just gorgeous!!! You used my favorite designer paper and the vine borders and verse are just beautiful! Soooo excited to have you joining us this month as our guest designer!!! You already KNOW how much I LOVE your work!!!

Erika Clark said...

How very talented you are! I love your card.

lisa Holey said...

Your card is just gorgeous!!Thanks for sharing....
http://ecoprintinggallery.com/