Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Week 1 with our Customer Guest Designer Pamela Haskin




We would like to welcome Pamela Haskin as our November Customer Guest Designer. Pamela will be sharing her ODBD creations with us each Wednesday, during the month of November!


A little about Pamela...I first started designing cards out of necessity when I needed a card but was living on my remote homestead in the Alaskan wilderness that was three hours from the nearest card shop. I cut apart Cheerios and Lipton Tea boxes that day to make flowers for my card. I was hooked from the first card! Now card-making is my passion. I just love everything paper!  

When I'm not making cards, I'm writing. My newest book is a children’s picture book about finding courage.

I now live in Texas with my wonderful husband and best friend of 35 years and our spoiled but gifted toy poodle, April.



Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs Earth Verses, ODBD Christian Faith Paper Collection, ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage Dies

Pamela's beautiful card uses Our Daily Bread Designs Earth Verses stamp set along with the ODBD Christian Faith Paper Collection and ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage Dies.  

I love how Pamela matted the pattern paper panel with a dark color to pop the panel on the same piece of paper.  The use of the leaves from the ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage Dies to create her blossoms is a very clever way to use the dies!  

For details on how Pamela created her card, visit her blog post here.

Thank you for visiting with our Customer Guest Designer this week.  I'll be back next Wednesday with another ODBD card from Pamela.

Blessings,



example image

16 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Very interesting story about how you got started making cards. This one is so beautiful.

Becky said...

What an interesting story and what a gorgeous card!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love how the vine wraps around the verse on the banner!

Sherry said...

what a gorgeous card!!!!!!!!!

Nancy Carroll said...

Wow, that is simply gorgeous!

Miranda said...

Gorgeous!!!
Miranda :)

BJ Searcy said...

Gorgeous card. Would love to have seen the first card you made!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Welcome, Pamela!!!! Love your story and wowza, LOVE your card this week!!!!! Super clever to create flowers with the leaf petals! Can't wait to see what you have for us next week!! HUGS!!!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the flower and your story about the images on the paper. God Bless You.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card and so refreshingly different. I've loved reading the story of how you got started in paper crafts, please keep up the good work.

Mary Mac x

Kelly Sas said...

Beautiful card, but I knew it would be!

Jean Bullock said...

Beautiful card, Pamela. I pinned it.

Susan Slomski said...

Beautiful!

Marianne B in AZ said...

I love your card! Those are some of my favorite colors and I love how you used them together.

Kelley said...

Welcome, Pamela!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful cards with us this month!

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful card Pamela! Love the design!