Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Introducing Graciela and Our Bright and Shining Stars from this Year's Shining the Light challenge!!!!

Hello Friends!!  I hope you are all enjoying a blessed holiday!!!  Happy New Year!!

  Today there will not be a Shining the Light challenge but we would like to introduce our newest team member that will begin in January as well as share some of our favorite creations by our participants in 2014!!  Our sketch challenge winners will be announced next week.

We would like to welcome Graciela Chavez to our challenge team!! Graciela has been a guest for the past two months for our New Releases as well as a challenge participant. She is very talented and I am sure your will enjoy her creations.  Here are some words from Graciela:

Hello! I'm Graciela. I'm the mom of a sweet 3 year old boy and the wife of a loving and supporting husband.  Online, I am an avid crafter and blogger. My background goes from singing with worship teams since age 11, to studying Laws and Business Management.  I have always been creative, so it was no surprise that I was drawn to papercrafting soon after I graduated from my second major. I discovered papercrafting through cardmaking around 2010 and little by little it became my passion. Since I opened my blog I've felt even more captivated by this craft and I've discovered that I also enjoy working with alternative projects that give me freedom to experiment with different techniques. My style goes from classy to shabby chic and vintage, and I tend to create classic and feminine projects. My blog has allowed me to connect with other artists and it has given me so many opportunities that I'm thankful for. As ODBD welcomes me to this team I am so grateful to be part of it!

I look forward to sharing my work with you all. I believe the genuine nature of creativity is inside each of us, so I'd be delighted if you could join me in this journey!

Hugs from Honduras/Brazil,
Gracie

We have so enjoyed viewing all the creations for the Shining the Light challenge over the past year!!  We would like to share some of them with you. We are posting 12 since there are 12 months of challenges.

Our Daily Bread Designs, scripture series 1, The Lord Has Risen

Our Daily Bread Designs, Lavender, Faith, Apothecary Bottles
ODBD Stamps Used: Lavender, Apothecary Bottles and Faith
ODBD Dies Used: Apothecary Bottle Dies

Our Daily Bread Designs, Crocheted Poppy Circle, Serve the Lord (retired), Crocheted Border Die, Crocheted Circle Die
ODBD Stamps Used: Crocheted Poppy Circle, Crocheted Border (verse-Serve the Lord-retired)

Our Daily Bread Designs, You will find Refuge, Scripture Collection 7

ODBD stamps Used: Anchor, The Mighty Sea

ODBD Stamps Used:  Cross of Nails

Our Daily Bread Designs, Sparkling Snowflake, Snowflake
ODBD Stamps Used: Sparkling Snowflakes
ODBD Dies Used: Snowflake 

Our Daily Bread Designs, Love Scriptures, Glory
ODBD Stamps Used: Love Scripture, Morning Glory

ODBD Stamps Used: The Mighty Sea

Our Daily Bread Designs, Each Minute, Sweet William

ODDB Stamps Used: Each Minute, Sweet William

Our Daily Bread Designs, Christmas Verses

Nancy
ODBD Stamps Used: Christmas Verses

Our Daily Bread Designs, You Will Find Refuge, Quatrefoil Pattern die

Rebecca
ODBD Stamps Used: You will find Refuge
ODBD Dies Used: Quatrefoil Pattern

Congratulations ladies.  Please feel free to grab the 2014 Bright and Shining Star award!



We look forward to the new year and seeing all your creations. Beginning on January 6, the Shining the Light challenge will be back to weekly challenges (4 times a month).  Have a blessed new year!!


Blessings,

14 comments:

Grace said...

Oh a BIG WELCOME to Gracie!!! I have enjoyed all your creations these past months and am looking forward to all you'll create for the STL challenges! You are so talented and we're excited to have you join the ODBD team!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to our Shining Stars for the year 2014!!! What beautiful cards you have blessed us with this year!!! Each one is so worthy of this honor!!

Happy New Year to all!!!

Diane said...

Congrats to Gracie, well deserved with her stunning work...and to the 2014 Shining Stars (hey, I even know one, I will have to ask for her autograph..lol)...but truly beautiful work girls!!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Congrats Gracie on your new design team post. Your work is beautiful and I'm sure you'll make them proud!

Thanks to all for choosing one of my creations among the Shining Stars of 2014 ... I am HONORED!!

All the best to ODB in 2015!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

A big congratulations from Downunder Gracie.

Your work is beautiful and looking forward to seeing it in 2015.

Every blessing of the Lord
Shaz in Oz.x

Ginny maxam said...

Congratulations Gracie!!

Pamela Haskin said...

Gracie, congratulations on joining the design team! So excited for you. I've enjoyed seeing your work in the challenges, and really looking forward to all you have to share this year.

I am so honored to be among the Shining Stars of 2014. I love ODBD and all they stand for! Congrats to all the other Shining Stars!!! May God be glorified in our work.

Kim B. said...

Congrats Gracie!!! Beautiful cards!!!!

TLady said...

CONGRATULATIONS GRACIE!!! Wishing you ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! :)

CONGRATULATIONS to all the "Bright Shining Stars" for 2014 too!!!! KEEP UP the GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Graciellie Ch said...

Thanks for the warm welcome! I feel happy just by reading the comments... Thanks for your support friends!

Congratulations to the talented participants! Your cards are beautiful! I look forward to seeing your cards for the upcoming year! Be blessed!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Congrats Gracie! SO awesome to hear you are joining the ODBD DT! You are among great talent!

Congrats to your 2014 winners as well- beautiful cards!

Julie Gearinger said...

Congrats Gracie! I am looking forward to seeing your designs in 2015 :-)

Thanks for the honor of choosing my card as one of the 2014 Shining Stars- what an honor!! Happy New Year to all of you and God Bless!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Welcome, Gracie!!! Looking forward to seeing your creativity each week here!! Congrats to the Shining Stars chosen.....beautiful work, ladies!!! HUGS!!

CherylQuilts said...

A big congratulations to my sweet friend Gracie for being on the ODBD Challenge Team! I've loved your work and know that you will inspire us al!

And congratulations to the wonderful Bright and Shining Stars winners! Stunning cards! Hugs all, and wishing you a blessed and joyous new year!

Greta said...

Congratulations Gracie! Wonderful review of cards & I'm so honored you included one of mine. I'll be playing along this year as much as possible. Happy 2015 to everyone at ODBD!