Friday, March 18, 2016

What's new at Our Daily Bread Designs?

Hello and welcome to our 5th day of our "8 Days of Anniversary Celebration"! I hope you have been joining us each day as we have shared much this week!

In the past I have shared some informative posts as I reflect each year on our anniversary:
Behind the Scenes of ODBD - 2011
A Look Back of 5 Years - 2013
How Rubber is made - 2014

All are past anniversary sets can be viewed in the Scripture category on the website found HERE.

Each year as we continue to grow we bring more new products into the store.  Our Design Team now uses all ODBD products on their cards for our email and blog readers: Stamps, Dies, Paper Pads and Fun & Fancy Folds!

We print all our own catalogs, packaging for stamps and dies, and we also print all our own paper pads.  We have 21 paper pads now and 2 more coming in April.  I thought it would be interesting to show you how we print and cut the paper we use for our products! Our copier is actually a large production photo color printer and our cutting machine is the newest model of cutting/slitting/scoring machines on the market.

Josh took this video so we can show you our production machines. The beginning of the video shows some of our die packaging being printed out, then the paper pads being cut into 6x6 papers and dropped into the sorter.  Finally, the end of the video demonstrates our lamb die sheets being cut and sorted into piles, all ready for inserting into packaging!


I hope you have enjoyed this quick look into some of our production machines! Have you been enjoying our "8 Days of Anniversary Celebration" posts this week? Let me know what you have liked the best!

Blessings,








7 comments:

Sue D said...

I have been enjoying the celebration this week. My favorite was yesterday's post dedicating the Special Edition anniversary stamp sets to Grace.

ionabunny said...

Fun seeing this. It's always nice to see how things happen. Yesterdays hop was my favourite thing so far.. Got a couple of stops to hit still so I'm off to hop again now. Hugz

Saints Rule! said...

It's always fun to see the "behind the scenes" stuff!

Bernadette said...

Oh, I want to see MORE! :) Thank you for showing this! Can we see how dies are made?
I'd have to say my favorite write-up was the dedication to Grace too. It was such an honor to read about how she's smiling through it all even though it's super difficult. I was humbled.

Clickersister said...

Thanks so much for sharing this!

TLady said...

HOW COOL is your new machine! ;)My favorite post this week is the one about Grace. It gave SO MUCH MEANING to the Anniversary Release this month. THANK YOU! ;)

Pamela Haskin said...

Kind of fun to see what goes on behind the scenes there. I didn't know you print your own papers. Love all your products! As for my favorite thing this week, it was wonderful to see Grace with such a beautiful smile on her face in the middle of her battle.