Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Meet our Guest Designer - Melissa Teeling


Welcome to the ODBD Blog!  Today we would like you to meet Melissa Teeling who has been our Guest Designer for our March and April Release.  We are also sharing a few additional cards that Melissa has created with ODBD products.


My name is Melissa Teeling and I am a wife, mother and card-maker in Yorba Linda, California.  When I started working with children as a counselor in 1987, my love of crafts bloomed. It all started with showing the children how to make paper chains for the Christmas Tree to keep them busy. This led to more paper crafts, construction paper galore and I quickly became known as the “craft lady” who was always able to keep the children entertained.   After seeing all the planning I put into the children’s crafts my sister suggested I might like making scrapbooks of my photos. After many years of scrap-booking my supplies multiplied and I looked for other ways to use them. This led to some occasional card making which has now become a full-time hobby. But I love it!  

ODBD Paper Collection: Cozy Quilt

ODBD Stamp Sets: Healing Prayers
ODBD Paper Collection: Old Glory
ODBD Custom Dies: Double Stitched Circles, Circles

Thank you for visiting with our Guest Designer today!  For more details on how Melissa created her cards, see her post here for her Star Quilt card and here for her Healing Prayers card.

example image

9 comments:

Heidi Stamps said...

Gorgeous cards, Melissa! Very interesting how you started into crafting, thanks for sharing.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Fabulous designs, Melissa!! HUGS!!!

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh WOW! These are beautiful!

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK, Melissa!!! ;)

Dawn said...

Lovely work, Melissa!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful cards Melissa!! Congrats on Guest Designing!

Bunny said...

Congratulations on being a guest designer. What beautiful cards you made. I remember when I was child at school we couldn't wait for the craft lady. The anticipation of what she would bring that week was so exciting. I can remember drawing, painting, coloring.........oh, just all kinds of fun things. She was a sweet woman. And to think, now I can't even remember her name, but oh she inspired me.

Cheryl Walker said...

Congratulations Melissa on your Guest spot, you are super lucky, as ODBD has absolutely beautiful stamps/dies/&Design Paper! Also your cards are Absolutely Gorgeous! I Loved reading your bio, on how you got started on paper crafting. Its funny when we think back to how we all started! Thank you for that!!!
Hugs
Cheryl

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards, Melissa! Glad to have you joining us as a Guest Designer!